Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"Auto Save"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAl

Most Helpful Member
Hi,

I was wondering what that "auto save" is doing for us. Can we get the post back if the browser crashes or something like that?
Where is the 'auto save' saving to?

It can recover from an accidental refresh which happens quite often for me for whatever reason. The shift and control are extremely close and I don't know if I'm hitting control by accident.

Last edited:
Hi,

How do you recover?

It just happens. If your browser for some reason navigates away from the page, if you go back the previous window it will not be lost. Even if I've typed something in a window once it's 'autosaved' and remove it if I try to navigate away from the page it will warn me.

I've always been careful to keep long posts saved to my clip boardt hough, I think the feature might possibly be of use to some people. I hit Cntrl-A + Cntrl-C plus end which will select copy and go back to the end of any active text box.

That's exactly what I used to do. I still have to do this with yahoo mail.

If the content is available you will see a link to "Restore-Auto-Saved Content" in the bottom left of the list box where you type your reply.

Wanna test in Firefox, type something and type a control+SHIFT+R. Navigate away from the page, and the link should be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back