Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

auto reset push button on/off relay HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchsilver

hello all
i will let you all know what i am trying to accomplish here.
i have a 2013 silverado and i absolutly hate the sabilitrak and traction controle, so my fix is to pull a fuse for when i need a run on or if im on a muddy hill.
so what i am looking for is a relay that will let me use a single push button to operate the coil, on and off when i please.
but i want the coil to reset when i kill the engine/power , mostly just worried about the wife getting in during the winter and going on her way if i forgot to reset the relay with all the safety crap off.
i have been looking and i cant seem to find the right relay that i want, i would assume it is a double coil relay but i don't know what kind

would seriously appreciate any help, even a " you just cant do it"

thanks guys/gals

I am embarrassed to say I can't seem to decypher how that relay will apply to me. I am not very well versed in the Inner workings of the components.
Layman's terms maybe?

I envision a lighted push button. You turn the key on, and the circuit comes up in the off state, the lighted button is off.

You push the button, once, the light inside the button comes on because it is wired across the relay coil. The other relay contacts do whatever you want them to do.

You push the button again, the light goes off, the relay reverts to the original state, restoring the factory configuration. Your wife gets in, and as long as she doesn't push the button, the truck behaves as it came from the factory.

The circuit I linked is the brain behind the lighted button. It up to you to figure out what to do with the relay contacts. You can get a 4PDT relay to be able to switch lots of stuff.

Exactly, so its a 4PDT relay,
Awesome. I seriously appreciate the help
Only if it needs to be. The toggle circuit doesn't care.

The pushbutton in Bowden's circuit is your momentary, normally open pushbutton. The indicator LED or lamp inside the pushbutton is wired in parallel with the relay coil.

The pushbutton in Bowden's circuit is your momentary, normally open pushbutton. The indicator LED or lamp inside the pushbutton is wired in parallel with the relay coil.
The indicator lamp can also be powered by the output going to the 100k resistor.
If the 100k resistor is mounted on the pushbutton, it will save an extra wire going to the pushbutton indicator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back