Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio frequency signal outputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic

Dammit I turn my back on electronics for two minutes and it's all changed again !. I have a project that requires a fixed frequency of 14 khz and a second adjustable frequency in the range 14 khz - 14.250 khz. Both sine waves. Are any of the BASIC PIC chipis capable of this please ?. Cheers ....

You can not directly get analog Sine Wave at the output of any controller without using DAC. Connect a good 8-bit DAC (like DAC0808) to any of the port of the PIC to get the analog voltage corresponding to the byte data on the port. Regarding generation of sine wave you can use the Look-Up table method which is quite simple and faster than calculating Sin() function every time.
One very cool signal generator design can be found at https://www.qsl.net/pa3ckr/signalgenerator/index.html . It Uses PIC16F84 and frequency varies from 0.1-40Mhz (Wow)

THis one is a very simple design: https://www.qsl.net/yo5ofh/pic/tone_generator.htm

I spent the afternoon looking at PIC modules and in particulat PicBasic (on account I never was any good at machine code or assembler) and glory be I see in PicBasic they have a command something like FREQOUT that will give up to two sine waves on any pin. So maybe that is the answer. Anyone got a second hand PicBasic for sale ?. Thanks for your reply Sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back