Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio Connector Crimp Pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

vne147

Hello everyone. I am hoping that someone can help me find two different styles of crimp pins. Both of these came out of the stereo wiring harness from a 2014 Kia Optima EX. Unfortunately, I don't know what brand they are. There are no markings on the pins themselves that I could make out and the only thing written on the plastic connector housing is a very small "CL 3". I spent about an hour looking through Mouser. I found a lot of similar pins but no exact matches. I attached some pictures of the pins. Please let me know if I can help with any clarifications or additional info. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Edit: I forgot to mention, the type 1 pin is crimped to 22 AWG wire and the type 2 pin is crimped to 16 AWG wire.

IMG_20140906_162149.jpg IMG_20140906_161621.jpg IMG_20140906_161709.jpg IMG_20140906_161840.jpg IMG_20140906_161925.jpg IMG_20140906_162015.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have a caliper to really get in there and get a good measurement but the best I could tell was that the pitch on the smaller pins is 2mm and the pitch on the larger pins is 4mm.

The connector is part of a harness that came with an aftermarket stereo I'm installing in my car so it's from the stereo to the car. I thought about just buying another harness and cannibalizing it but that costs about $20 so if I could find just the pins, I'd prefer that.

I attached a few pics of the connector housing. I looked at the link you sent but I didn't see anything similar.

Any more thoughts?

Thanks.

0906142107-1.jpg 0906142105c-1.jpg 0906142104a-1.jpg

Not sure of the pin size but looks rather similar to the pins made by EDAC used on their sealed plugs?
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Not sure of the pin size but looks rather similar to the pins made by EDAC used on their sealed plugs?
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Thanks Vtech. I'll look over the datasheets and see if I can make those work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back