Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

atmega32 ADC problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

anita

the atmega32 i am using shows fluctuating values even when the voltage input to adc remains the same....... how can i correct this?

the atmega32 i am using shows fluctuating values even when the voltage input to adc remains the same....... how can i correct this?

Read this thread which addresses a similar problem. Note how placing a cap across the ADC input figures into things and I assume you have a cap from the power pin to ground. That may help.

Ron

thanks... i read thru that... but i already have a cap connected between aref n gnd and avcc n aref are interconnected... i still have wide fluctuations.........

Do you have a scope at your disposal to look at the actual signal input to the uC? You seem to have a handle on using caps. Noise or something is getting in there. This is where sniffing around with a scope would be nice. Including your supply power.

Ron

How much is it fluctuating? A 10-bit ADC doesn't require much 'noise' to cause what appears to be large differences. Many first time users of ADCs don't realize how sensitive they are.

Hi anita,
Try placing a resistor between the signal input and the ADC input and also maybe a small capacitor from the input to ground. May be fine after that.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back