1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

Atmega128+mmc

Discussion in 'AVR' started by sminnn, Oct 11, 2014.

1. sminnn

sminnn New Member

Hi,
    I want to use memory card in my project and connect mmc to Atmega128. I am working with CodeVision 2.05.3 so I used sdcard.h library. I want to run the example code in CodeVision. When I compile it, it seems right but when I run it in Proteus, disk init fails. In addition, when I want to configure mmc in Project|Configure|C Compiler|Libraries|MMC/SD/SD HC Card menu, it asks for two additional bits called: /CD and /WP while in Proteus there are no bits with these names in mmc. The photos of configuring menu and my Proteus simulation are attached. I would be glad if anyone could help with this problem.

Thanks in advance

1.jpg 2.jpg

2. Ian Rogers

Ian Rogers Super Moderator Most Helpful Member

Have you downloaded the MMC image file from the Labcenter website There are two SD images 32M and 128M..

3. sminnn

sminnn New Member

No, but I have made an image file by WinImage and attached it to the mmc in Proteus.

4. dave

Dave New Member

5. Ian Rogers

Ian Rogers Super Moderator Most Helpful Member

I don't know about winimage. but I have used the image from the proteus forum... I don't have the AVR model so I can't help with your simulation... Incidentally.. how big is your image..

6. kubeek

kubeek Well-Known Member

CD and WP are most likely card detect and write protect mechanical switches. Just tie them high or low according to your code, or comment those sections out.

7. sminnn

sminnn New Member

Thanks anyway, I made the image 2MBytes.

8. sminnn

sminnn New Member

Thanks. I tested them with both high and low values, still it seems not working.