Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AT89S51----can anyone suggest a replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

reenalalu

Hi. I have been working on a project based on the AT89S51 micro-controller. I want to simulate this project on Proteus but the problem is that Proteus does not have the AT89S51 as a component. Can anyone please suggest the name of another Microcontroller that i can replace it with, without having to change any of the code. What about the AT89C51???? Can it be used in place of the 89s51. :(

hey there guys. I really appreciate the help. Now one more question? Can the C8051f320micro controller be replaced by the At89c51rb2, without any change to the code or setup? This is also got to do with the not having the c8051f320 in proteus and trying to find a replacement for it, without having to change the design and code.

The c8051f320 has a number of extra features. The At89c51 is a basic 8051. So obviously if your program uses those features, it can't be replaced.

Full simulation of a micro controller should never be expected. Real world testing is required. To rely on the simulator to do all this work for you, puts your pocket book in their hands, and takes your understanding of what's going on out of your hands. You could spend less on the test equipment to let you figure out what's going on yourself than you would on the software that simulates it, and will not accurately represent your real world circuit in the end, only your real world circuit does.

For the cost of even the more basic single user licenses of Proteus you could by a logic analyzer and a scope.
For the Platinum edition you could outfit an entire lab with gear and components, and likely still have enough left over to buy a used car.

Last edited:
Full simulation of a micro controller should never be expected. Real world testing is required. .

You'd be surprised of how faithful to real life Proteus is, especially for digital simulation such as a microcontroller circuit.
I can design my microcontroller projects in Proteus, build them in
real life and have them work first time.

Last edited:
I just don't like the price, and I've been a good boy for the most part lately about pirating stuff like that. Students get introduced to this kind of software and then they get out of school and need it. I've always preferred native micro controller debugging software and ltspice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back