Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

At least ETO is nice and stable now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt,

Have you been back there at all since you left? I know you would have been invited to join the thread that is providing ideas to EETech. You might want to revisit and just tell them you want into that area.

Ever invited member has expressed an unvarnished opinion on what is needed.

I have been looking on, but so far I have not felt the desire to jump in. For me it doesn't really matter what's done to the site, or what's added to it. What's important for me is that the focus be taken back off of marketing and products and be put back on helping one another. I have not seen that focus shift back yet, so I am hesitant to return.

Sorry for taking over your thread tvtech. I can move these posts to a different one if you'd like.

Regards,
Matt

Apparently membership is up since the changes, but how many of those new members will become the Mr Chips, et al. of the forums?

Sad, it was a superb forum.

TVtech,

Sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to you and your loved ones.

Thanks Joe and Ian. Much appreciated words.
End of the day this thread started out as ETO being stable now after our major meltdown a while back. I was at the forefront of everything with my open criticism of EM and all that ensued. I was punished . So be it.

Much has happened since then...how do I say this...except maybe I have grown up :wideyed:

And in the process have become a better person. You see I believe it works this way: if you hang out with good people you too will become a good person/better yourself/think more of others than yourself/put others first/do the right thing....etc, etc...

Funnily tonight I was saying to a co- worker that the ONLY people that really understand me are those that I constantly am in contact with.
I am a flat out in your face kind of person...wrong is wrong and right is right. Beyond Technical. Life too. Staff here apparently appreciate my style of handling things. They always know where they stand. Never behind their backs.

Anyway I digressed. I look at myself from when I joined ETO in 2010 till now. A roller coaster ride of note. The ups and downs. So much stuff.
This special place has seen it's share of turmoil. But you know what...as ETO has taught me everything except Electronics....got my field waxed....ETO taught me to be a decent human being....

One cannot help but become a better person by hanging around you special people. And that is my ETO experience.

And that is why I love all of you so much.

tv

matt said:
"Sorry for taking over your thread tvtech. I can move these posts to a different one if you'd like.

Regards,
Matt

Nah, it's fine. All good ;)

(I always screw up edited posts. My speciality...please fix Matt :confused:)
tv

Last edited by a moderator:
She must have been amazing person to have raised such a devoted son.

Indeed she was amazing. Me not so much. I just did the right thing where others did not. I was there when it counted. Held her hand all the way through the agonizing 24 Hours to her passing....she was drugged to make things easier....

Enough about that. 88 Years is a good innings. Not many people make that age.

Looking at my current lifestyle I would consider myself lucky to hit 60 Years....

I like it like that.

I do not want to get old and and bothersome and crotchety.....my Mom never was....but I am a Prime candidate for that..
At 52 Years I already am full ****. Good **** though where people you are working with like the person you are...straight talk has never been something I am afraid of...

I am not always correct/right.....but I try my best to do the right thing. Sometimes I sit back and wonder about stuff.

And then I relax till the next Morning after reading my posts the night before....I have come a long way.

Complicated dude me.

tv

ETO is NOT nice!!

A member sent (via mail) me something (unknown electronics tools) and I don't know what he sent. We used to discuss as PM. I tried to ask about the unknown thing by showing photo of the thing but as I know, ETO has removed the permission to post photo as 'conversation'. So I need to create a thread in such situation? Maybe!

ETO is NOT nice!!

A member sent (via mail) me something (unknown electronics tools) and I don't know what he sent. We used to discuss as PM. I tried to ask about the unknown thing by showing photo of the thing but as I know, ETO has removed the permission to post photo as 'conversation'. So I need to create a thread in such situation? Maybe!

You should not be asking technical questions through PMs anyway. They should be posted on the forums so that others may benefit from your new-found knowledge.

Hi DerStorm8,
I don't know why I am thinking like this way that- I feel if I asked so simple or any Yes, No questions as a thread , then the forum will be dirty and moderators will not be happy to me. :) So most of the time I ask something simple questions to someone as PM. But about the tools, I will create a thread very soon. Thank you!

Hi DerStorm8,
I don't know why I am thinking like this way that- I feel if I asked so simple or any Yes, No questions as a thread , then the forum will be dirty and moderators will not be happy to me. :) So most of the time I ask something simple questions to someone as PM. But about the tools, I will create a thread very soon. Thank you!

We see lots of yes/no questions here, and we (or at least I) have no problem with them. Sometimes a simple "yes/no" question can turn into a thoughtful discussion, including the "how's" and "why's" :)

Regards,
Matt

I have been engaged in a long running discussion with another member here for several months.
The topics of discussion are wide and various.
I cannot remember how the discussion started, but I was/still am very happy to continue it.

That said however, does not mean that I am open to random questions via PM from any passing strolling players.
I usually ignore random questions which belong in the forum.

Short questions in the forum, requiring a one word answer?
No problem.

JimB

Perhaps I misread Willen's question. It was not about asking another member technical questions. It was simply about why we cannot post an image to a PM. Maybe the image would be a new granddaughter or new tractor.

A member sent (via mail) me something (unknown electronics tools) and I don't know what he sent.

Even if it were technical, heaven forbid, technical intercourse between consenting adults via PM should not be forbidden. Why use 1000 words when a simple image will suffice?

John

What is all this about "Cannot post a picture in a conversation" ?

I certainly can, no problem. The interface is basically the same as that to post a picture in a thread post.
What is so difficult?

JimB

Just sent you a PM with this image:
upload_2015-7-3_16-8-52.png

No joy.

Take off your moderators' hat and try it.

John

Just sent you these pics, put down the rabbits and have a look!

JimB

PM File Upload.JPG F Hafen 2015 029.jpg

I must not be on the PM "upload a file" permissions list -- more on-topic neither is Willen. Is there any independent way to check it? There have been others here with whom I have corresponded and laminated the inability to add an attachment.

John

JimB
Since I can't upload a file in the PM section, here is an image of the reply screen I get. It would be a great help if you could identify the upload file icon:

upload_2015-7-4_7-5-18.png

John

John

Have a look again, it should now be there.

It appears that this feature is not generally available to "ordinary members", only moderators.
Why this is so I have no idea, to me it seems like a sensible feature to have.

On second thoughts as I type, it could be to prevent the feature being used as a distribution medium for "undesirable material".

JimB

Yes, it is fixed. (edit: I was so happy I didn't read the rest of your post).

Maybe make the button available at some threshold, like 100 posts?

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back