Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Assembly Language???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: just a change

techknow said:
i am using 1x16 LCD and i need to use 4MHz external crystal with it cause my circuit will be a big combinations of codes... and i need to use PORTB and PORTA is fully occupied...so i need a asm code for this...if it is not a problem for u guys

I'm not really sure what you're looking for?, but my LCD tutorial code is for the Hitachi industry standard displays - which your one sounds like it is!. The tutorial code can easily be changed to any full PIC port, simply by changing a couple of equates.

I also don't why you 'need' to use an external crystal, presuming your chip is a 16F628 or similar, with an internal 4MHz oscillator.

again

I'm not really sure what you're looking for?, but my LCD tutorial code is for the Hitachi industry standard displays - which your one sounds like it is!. The tutorial code can easily be changed to any full PIC port, simply by changing a couple of equates.

I also don't why you 'need' to use an external crystal, presuming your chip is a 16F628 or similar, with an internal 4MHz oscillator.

its because i running some other codes in the pic...in the end it will be interface to many thing.....if it works when i modified the code it will be great so i will try mybest
thank u

Re: LM75

techknow said:
Does anyone interfaced LM75 to PIC16F628. and through pc i have to able to see the temperature from hyperterminal or just 7segments will do to make it simple.. if so can i have a asm code with the circuit diagram
i need a simple one.
bad news .. the 628 does not have an I2C bus ,which the LM75 has , But i dont know if there is code out there that can simulate the I2C bus for the 628...

williB said:
techknow said:
Does anyone interfaced LM75 to PIC16F628. and through pc i have to able to see the temperature from hyperterminal or just 7segments will do to make it simple.. if so can i have a asm code with the circuit diagram
i need a simple one.
bad news .. the 628 does not have an I2C bus ,which the LM75 has , But i dont know if there is code out there that can simulate the I2C bus for the 628...

Perhaps this is getting rather repetitive?, but there are software I2C routines in my tutorials!

Nigel Goodwin said:
williB said:
techknow said:
i need a simple one.

Perhaps this is getting rather repetitive?, but there are software I2C routines in my tutorials!
No, not too repetitive at all..lol
i should have checked there first..

hmm

can i ask u something techknow.

is this all going to go into one project?? i mean the DTMF and the LCD and the LM75 temp sensor. or are they different projects that you are planning to build?

just curious

hello samcheetah...hmmm thanks for the interrest
Actually i am going to make a controlle panel....when an temperature of a place exceed the level it will autometically dials a specific number and givesa an voice message..at the same time LCD display will show the temperature. for voice part i am using ISD1420 which i have experimented and it was working fine. if anyone interrested i will give the final circuit if the person helps me...

www.zlgmcu.com/download/downs.asp?ID=201
bye

looks like a nice project. is there an english version for the data sheet of ISD1420?

i dont know if i could be of any help to you. but i would surely like to see the project when it is finished. you should write a project report for this project and write all the experiences you went through developing the project. that would be a great piece of info.

On the subject of assembly language, how can i convert Hex numbers to ascii? Like i want to convert 0Ah to 31h and 30h. Theres no divide instruction on 16f628s so im a bit stuck.

First you need to convert your number to decimal, Nigel's tutorials have good code for this (borrowed from the piclist)

It's the function called 'Convert' - Bottom of the page.

When you run this routine it will convert your number to decimal. So for example if you let it convert 0Ah it will output 1 in register 'Tens' and 0 in register 'Ones'.

Then you just add 30h to these registers to convert the values to ASCII.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back