Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Assembly Language???

Status
Not open for further replies.

amady

Anyone has another assembly language support PIC16F84A... beside MPLAB IDE V 6.6... :lol:

could you explain your question a little bit? why do you want to use something other than the widely accepted MPLAB development package. i read somewhere that PIC can be programmed in about two dialects of assembly language; MPASM and TASM (or something like that). MPLAB contains the MPASM assembler and it works great. why would u want to migrate to another dialect of assembly. if u do want to try something else, try a high level language like C.

MPASM is the 'real' assembly for pic's, it uses all the names and terms that you find in the datasheets. It would be counterproductive to use something else.

samcheetah said:
could you explain your question a little bit? why do you want to use something other than the widely accepted MPLAB development package. i read somewhere that PIC can be programmed in about two dialects of assembly language; MPASM and TASM (or something like that). MPLAB contains the MPASM assembler and it works great. why would u want to migrate to another dialect of assembly. if u do want to try something else, try a high level language like C.

This is because i got the problem when to generate the .hex file... the error is : succeded the 62 characters...

amady said:
samcheetah said:

This is because i got the problem when to generate the .hex file... the error is : succeded the 62 characters...
is it fixed ?

[quote="williB]is it fixed ?[/quote]

What do you mean?? The error still has when i'm running the MPLAB.... :cry:

The solution should be simple...

As far as I know, the path to the directory where the project is located should be less than 62 chars in length.

In my laptop and my PC at the bench I put the project file in the Desktop (WIN 98SE and WIN ME).

Hope this solve that awful problem.

Agustín Tomás

Re: The solution should be simple...

atferrari said:
As far as I know, the path to the directory where the project is located should be less than 62 chars in length.

In my laptop and my PC at the bench I put the project file in the Desktop (WIN 98SE and WIN ME).

Hope this solve that awful problem.

Agustín Tomás

Thank you atferrari it work's.. :eek: i was put at my C directory...

amady said:

im glad things worked out for you. actually im really frustated with this type of error. the first time i started using MPASM i always got this error but then i read the error carefully and then consulted the help file. and voila!!!!!! i figured the solution. so the next time you get some error think about it a little bit and dont go for throwing out the software

samcheetah said:
amady said:

im glad things worked out for you. actually im really frustated with this type of error. the first time i started using MPASM i always got this error but then i read the error carefully and then consulted the help file. and voila!!!!!! i figured the solution. so the next time you get some error think about it a little bit and dont go for throwing out the software

OK, thank for your advice :D

Re: Hello guys i am in

techknow said:
Hey i need some help on my projects...i am trying to make a 7segment display based clock...i also have a forum www.varunulaa.com/forum in there i have posted some of my projects so ppl join they too to help.......
i dont like the color ..too dark

An help wanted

Does anyone have a simple asm code for LCD and PIC16F628 interface...cause i got some big codes..damm ..so i need an simple one which can print an "hello" word. cause i am also a biginner for microcontroller programing from asm. and i use MPLAB and ICPROG..i hope u guys will get me a good working and simple asm code for LCD intreface. any way thanks for willib

Re: An help wanted

techknow said:
Does anyone have a simple asm code for LCD and PIC16F628 interface...cause i got some big codes..damm ..so i need an simple one which can print an "hello" word. cause i am also a biginner for microcontroller programing from asm. and i use MPLAB and ICPROG..i hope u guys will get me a good working and simple asm code for LCD intreface. any way thanks for willib

Try reading my tutorials!.

Re: An help wanted

techknow said:

You can look at Nigel's website or..http://home.iae.nl/users/pouweha/lcd/lcd.shtml

and i need the PIC programmer from you! TQ

Re: Hello amady

techknow said:
Do u need the circuit diagram of my picprogrammer or the software...

all :lol:

here is ...

Amady here is the program and the circuit that i am using..it is working perfectly..so u try it and letme know...
from here you can get the software and the sys file ..if u r using windows XP or NT...If u need to view a picture of the working programmer here is the link.
**broken link removed**

Attachments

• techknow-picprog.jpg
    techknow-picprog.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 800
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back