Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Arrays - out of memory - how to compress

Status
Not open for further replies.

usaf1

Hey everyone,

Having a problem. Need something similar to 9 different arrays of about 15 items each. Problem is that I've got them and the rest of my needed variables all to fit into the 384 data memory of the 16F877. But the way I'm attempting to access the values inside, a series of if.. then.. else's runs me out of the 8192 program memory.

I know one way to minimize the size would be to program it in assembly, but I'd really rather not do that seeing it's size.

So, the question is this: How do I access the values in a particular address of an array in the most compact BASIC way.

Instead of the current way:

If AA<47 then
GOTO LABEL1
else
BB=CC(1)
GOTO PRINT1
End if

Having this little loop like 15 times for 9 different arrays is killing the memory available. Please any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back