Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone up for a spring contest here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eric is right. Management by comittee does not acomplish anything but another commitee.
One of the mods or admins set the rules and the timetable. If, as a member, you can not meet the criteria, don't compete.
Personally, I do not think that the "Wizards" should compete (unless in their own category) as thei allready are acomplished in this field and the prices mean little.
Earlier in this thread I offered a soldering station as a price. I can also give away a 2' x 3' (aprox) antistatic mat (value $75) and "grabbags" of logic/analog ICs (5 bags, 30+ ICs each). To speed this up I set a deadline for my price contributions of May 31/11 for sorting out the details and Sept.31/11 for project completion.
Cheers, E

Eric is right. Management by comittee does not acomplish anything but another commitee.
One of the mods or admins set the rules and the timetable. If, as a member, you can not meet the criteria, don't compete.
Personally, I do not think that the "Wizards" should compete (unless in their own category) as thei allready are acomplished in this field and the prices mean little.
Earlier in this thread I offered a soldering station as a price. I can also give away a 2' x 3' (aprox) antistatic mat (value $75) and "grabbags" of logic/analog ICs (5 bags, 30+ ICs each). To speed this up I set a deadline for my price contributions of May 31/11 for sorting out the details and Sept.31/11 for project completion.
Cheers, E

Sounds reasonable. Our finals week ends the May 28th.

Last edited:
One of the mods or admins set the rules and the timetable.
So far none have been directly involved or set anything up, just a lot of suggestions. The site itself isn't inherently setup to allow this kind of thing to just happen by itself, although the Article suggestion from Bryan is as close to structure as has been suggested so far it requires every user that comes to this site to have to browse to the article section or to that post to even know what's going on.

OK. This seems a very long thread, a lot in which is not needed to be read by people like myself. I feel a group of users should take charge in the competition (maybe 5,no more). A new thread which is locked needs to be created containing all the rules and guidelines. Prizes and end dates needs to be set up and i think personally moderators should be involved. I think the judges should be selected by random usernames being selected. If they do not respond in a certain amount of time another user is selected.

I personally am willing to help set up the competition, Just send me a PM and i will see what i can do,

David

I second it. We concluded Finals April 28th not May. It should allow plenty of time for all.

I finished finals last week, whens this contest launching? I've got some projects to build!

now a days there is acute shortage of analog experts. Thus any competition around analog circuitry using op amps etc and linear implementation would encourage interested members and there by I sincerely hope that few more experts join the analog field.
This is need of the decade and ETO can serve the cause.

an idea for an entry?
Yes

I suggest you build something to enter, then submit it when it's ready. We really haven't planned out HOW we're going to submit entries yet, as far as I know. Maybe it should be changed to a summer contest? ;):p
Der Strom

I'm confused about whats going on, someone offered prizes and said rules were set, people are talking about how to submit entries, but when was a contest ever declared? I don't know the rules, theme, prizes, deadlines or how to enter.

I'm confused about whats going on, someone offered prizes and said rules were set, people are talking about how to submit entries, but when was a contest ever declared? I don't know the rules, theme, prizes, deadlines or how to enter.

I know what you mean. Plans have not really been finalized, so I don't think a "Spring Contest" is going to work out. How about a "Summer Contest", perhaps ending on the last day of summer? Someone really should take the initiative to finalize everything and make a formal announcement :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back