Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

anyone else having trouble with debug in mplab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

large_ghostman

Most Helpful Member
a little while back i upgraded mplab to ver 8.92 and updated c18 to version 3.46

increasingly i am getting a error when i try to debug, normally it is when i use mplab to set the fuses, i get the device isnt ready to go into debug check configuration settings (or something like that but thats the gist of it), i can often get rid of the error by setting the fuses in the actual program, sometimes i have to close mplab and restart.
tonight however no matter what i have tried i keep getting the error and cant get into debug, the program is stripped right back to the most simple hello world type program! i get no build errors! OS is windoze horrid 8 64bits wich since deciding to upgrade itself last night is now giving me a blue screen fairly often saying sorry but we have to restart the system!
if it was my laptop i would be sitting here typing on win7 :(

forgot to mention all project file paths for H files and LNK etc etc are set correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back