Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any type of electronics related final year project ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

jawadlateef

Hi everybody!
I am Electronics Engineering final year student.
I need some exciting, new and good final year project ideas i can workout on any type of great idea.

It could be related to any field of electronics such that
1)communication
2)control
3)instrumentation
4)microcontroller based
etc.

I have very little time to submit m project proposal.
kindly help me finding a good project. It would more better if it is related to digital electronics.

i repeat its no matter that project idea could be from any field.
waiting for ur kind replies.

Thanking you in advance.

-Jawad

Well it's not new if someone else thinks of it, now is it? And someone else could easily think of something beyond your abilities.

Sorry, my mind is kind of stuck on how students could spend all that time in school, just months away from graduation, and have no ideas of their own. I get ideas for projects almost daily. My biggest problems are time and money, and of course how much I'll need to learn and research to complete them (only made it through the first 2 years of college).

You should read through the past couple of weeks of posts to this forum, you aren't alone in your quest for a project. What kind of job do you see for yourself after graduation? This should narrow the field some from your "anything that I can plug in the wall" request we see all to often here.

Why is there always a last minute rush to get this "project" submitted? You've known this project was coming for atleast a couple of years, right?

My thinking on final projects is that it should be some of your best work. You are selling yourself to potential employers by showing what you can do. If you don't care about your education or future career, why even bother?

How about an automatic burger flipping machine, as it should fit in with your future career...

HarveyH42 said:
How about an automatic burger flipping machine, as it should fit in with your future career...

Wouldn't that just make him lose his last resort job?

Harvey is very true but the thing is that I am still very confused regarding my future and career.
Living here in Pakistan and decide which field to select is difficult. we dont have such industries where there is research and development.
I first intended to do work on PCI Architecture then I come to know resources are not available here in Pakistan and not all over completely beacuse of PCI-SIG. yet i studied a lil bit of its buses.
My interest is in digital electronics. I want to have my future in designing hardware, ASIC and HDL.
But very short resources here.
My aim is to do a good project now and to leave my country for higher education where i could seek job of my interest.
I still have a month left to submit my proposal and it's a short time when a person is blank regarding the true guidance.
Thats all
Now I need ur favors plzz
Thanks
-Jawad

You you should do a project that you know the most about. One thing about electronics, is the various special interest areas tend blend in with other areas. Who knows, maybe your special interest is what is lacking in somebody's development team. Doing something that interests you and you enjoy is the difference between a career and a job. When you graduate, you will be an engineer in electronics, any special talent is a bonus.

You should do what you do best like HarveyH42 says. How can you go wrong? Unless you are not a good student. When I left school, I was scared (this was a long time ago BTW) and thought I am not sure I know what I am going to do when I start the job, as it was all theory and lab stuff. I was hired and only went up from there. It all will tie together.

dknguyen, you could be wrong. If he is not a good student but does make the automatic burger flipper. He can make a fortune in the US selling them along side George Foreman with his burger grill on late night TV.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/../members/dknguyen.html

Thank you all for encouraging me alot.
I'll be sticking with this thread and will be in touch with you all and will let you know and discuss further about my project.
I have found a project from Siemens pakistan engineering company limited that is A temperature and Level control loop using Siemens PLC S7 LOGO.

I am still looking for other good projects in the mean time before i take a descision.
Thanks alot
Take Care all of u.
-jawad

re:project

sir
Im doing my final yr in biomedical instrumentation engg.Im interested to do the project in embedded systems related to biomedical field.can you help me.

Why does no one seem to understand that posting your own thread is much more likely to get you help than appending your question to a several-years-old thread? :confused:

Barumuthu, your question was also vague. Please ask a specific question and maybe someone can help you. Are you stuck thinking of a project topic? What have you considered so far?

Last edited:
I get requests all the time from students. They want a project designed especially for them, including writing the code for the microcontroller and sending them the "tested and proven circuit."
In most cases they reply with questions like: "what is a monoblock" or "what is a substitute for a BC 547 transistor."
You wonder what they have been doing for the past 4 years.
That's why I don't employ "University Graduates." I only employ hobbyists and enthusiasts who have been actually engaged in the subject for "as long as they can remember."
Otherwise you are just educating the un-educated. And when they become proficient in some particular area, they ask for a pay rise!
The last employee said: "he was now a proficient PIC programmer" and was eligible for a pay rise.
It's a funny world.
If you don't have an idea for a final project, the only answer is to go and flip hamburgers.
You are wasting your time in electronics.

[rant][slight_bragging]I'm happy to say I'm a student studying two separate degrees, and neither of the degrees is electronics or engineering. If I can get a first class in my first year of a biochemistry course and a distinction in my first 2 open university modules studying for a different degree, and be interested enough in electronics to use these forums to get suggestions on something I've already had a good stab at[/slight_bragging], then I would think that the electronics students on these forums might care enough about their own future to be able to come up with their own university projects[/rant]

I don't mind suggesting first projects to beginners, especially as I am still a beginner myself and have a few ideas of projects I find interesting myself, but I'm in the wind as soon as they want a schematic to go with the idea they couldn't be bothered to come up with for themselves.

Last edited:
Hi everybody!
I am Electronics Engineering final year student.
I need some exciting, new and good final year project ideas i can workout on any type of great idea.

It could be related to any field of electronics such that
1)communication
2)control
3)instrumentation
4)microcontroller based
etc.

I have very little time to submit m project proposal.
kindly help me finding a good project. It would more better if it is related to digital electronics.

i repeat its no matter that project idea could be from any field.
waiting for ur kind replies.

Thanking you in advance.

-Jawad

The best projects come from personal need like stereo related items or electronic ignitions for cars or whatever you are into.

The other day, I had someone point out I responded to a very old thread from a poster like this thread. PIC and embedded modem.

So now I look. This thread is from Oct 2006.

Still waiting on Jem to respond!

These forums really need to prevent replying to threads with no replies in more than 3 months or so, stop people tacking their barely-legible requests onto the end of threads several years old.

I just got a bad reputation, three days ago, from a comment I made almost three years ago in this thread... Didn't like my burger-flipping machine suggestion. :) Oh well, can only guess which Newbie was offended, but please check the thread dates, and please don't read too many comments from years past, the burger-flipper wasn't the worst, and I only have 715 points left. Still not sure what they are good for, maybe a discount on a new car or something.

Not really concerned about the points, just noticed them while trying to find the dog-car fan thread (surprised I didn't get a lot of bad reputation from that one). Still curious about how long he leaves his dogs in the car, and why its so important to take them out in the Florida heat. I live in Florida, and wait until the sun goes down, and the temperature drop to 90 degrees before walking the dog. Only walk about 30-40 minutes, but can still tell the heat is getting to him, and he's a short haired dog.

Here is a page from my school regarding senior projects EE464 Senior Design Project - Prof. Brian L. Evans

Honestly I know nothing about these yet. That is why lately I've been trying to solidify what I have been taught already and push it further every time I reach a boundary. This time next year I'll look back on myself and see that I was a primitive newb.

Last edited:
sir:

actual learning is i think far better than learning the theories and principles, though of course it is the basic of it. not all schools are capable of giving all the resources to students specially when you are in a poor country. my point is, don't judge students who are asking for project title ideas that they just wasted their 4 years of studying electronics because it is really different when you look at the side of the student and at the side of the already licenced engineers who already had experienced the real thing...:)

Last edited:
actual learning is i think far better than learning the theories and principles, though of course it is the basic of it. not all schools are capable of giving all the resources to students specially when you are in a poor country. my point is, don't judge students who are asking for project title ideas that they just wasted their 4 years of studying electronics because it is really different when you look at the side of the student and at the side of the already licenced engineers who already had experienced the real thing...:)

Depending on what you actually mean by 'actual learning', I wholeheartedly disagree. Experience with constructing electronic devices is worthless without the understanding of the basics which allows you to actually design them, understand how they work, and put these theories to practice. Experience is easily obtained through practice once the theory is understood. Obtaining practical experience is something which will continue for as long as you're practising, and hopefully will supplement theoretical understanding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back