Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any of you out there have smartphone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone Electro

Do any of you have an smartphone mobile phone?

For the ones that dont know what is smartphone its MS Windows for mobile phones.

I have an Motorola MPx200 runing Windows smartphone 2003(Yea i have the ilegal 2003 firmware).They made it run much smother than the 2002 version.

The bigest problem is that it crashes about 1 or 2 times a weak(tipical windows).And waht i hate is the long boot up times(Its beter in the 2003 but still long).What i love is that you have read/wite acses to the sistem files.So whith a litle bit of file work you can make your own start menu(Hehehe!!! :twisted: )Then thers is the runing multiple aps at the same time.So you can have stuff runing in the background(Take that java!)There is also the avsome power of the aps(The game graphics are superb,even 3D)There is also a app which you can use to tweak the registery.

What i like is you can do what ever you want whith the sistem files(even delete them all) but in case an critical sistem file is mising it will simply copy it out of the ROM(Well you can only rewrite it whith a PC,the data cable and the right software)So i feel same to mees whith it.

an SD/MMC card slot makes it posible to have up to 1 GB of memory in.But i find 128MB qite enugh(for the about 25MB of apps and 40MB of mp3s and other junck)

So if you have smartphone too i wod like to hear what you think about it!

Get a Treo. I'm a power-user and I got mine optomized to do everything. A good support forum for it is:
www.treocentral.com

Check it out. You'll find out about software, mods, firmware updates, and anything else you can think of.

I've been using Palm OS for almost 6 years and when the Treos came out, it was a natural progression for me. I love it and I promise that once you get comfortable using one, you won't be able to imagine using anything else.

Let me know if you have any other questions about it... I could talk about my Treo all day. :wink:

Ummm...

I dont have an Tero. i have an Motorola MPx200 that is runing on Windows Smartphone 2003

Those things are runing Palm OS.

So the site is not much use to me.

btw: I get software for it on P2P for free insted of buying it.

you can mess with system files on the computer but you will not be able to do it on the phone if they are already running! so go crazy. if you have the os on cd or whatever just re-install whatever you mess up

btw: i don't have that phone.

Microsoft did one smart thing for a change to prevent this.

Smartphones have an special part of the memory reserved for the windows instalation files and evryting in there is read only (You cant even read some files)Then there is a folder in the main storege (Read/Write almost evryting) where the windows is.You can delete that folder and you will only partly mess up.Wen you then thurn the phone off and then on agen it will automaticly start reinstaling windows in the storage.This resets all the settings to factory deulfat and cleans the registery of anything not used by windows.This takes quite a wile.

Wen i flashed it to Win 2003 i had to format the memory so that the new windows instals it self.

Thats whyt i like about windows. it can be prety much costumised wile other phones cant.My fav. is that the start menu is simply a folder full of links in the sistem (So you can make it look how ever you want.)

The qonclusion:
Even if you format the memory you will not mess up.(Thats why i feeal safe messing whith it)

Not to scare you, but my friend had a smart-phone and he got viruses on it, never worked the same :lol:

A virus for a phone?

Never heard of that.

Anyway not a big probolem.Just format the main memory and let windows reinstal it self.Its a biger problem if you get that on your SD card since there i store all my games,mp3s,video...

Shure it was a virus?It may also be hardware damege.

Just remove the SD card,reflash it,format the main memory and let windows reinstal.After that the virus shod certanly be deleted.If there is still the same probolem then it mostprobobly is hardware damage.

zachtheterrible said:
Not to scare you, but my friend had a smart-phone and he got viruses on it, never worked the same :lol:

That is the biggest load of cr@p there is not a known virus yet to have hit smartphones (unlike certain Sybian phones :wink: ) to prove it there is an anti-virus program but it hasn't yet got any virus defenitions built in it just looks for virus-like behavoiur!

Anyway Someone Electro welcome to the world of SPV's I have a C500, hopefully moving to a C550 if nothing else arrives by the time i'm due for my free upgrade!
Get yourself to Modaco.com this is the place to post your SPV questions loads of VERY knowledgable people there who I am sure will help with your problem!

P.S. have you tried installing Doom or Duke3d yet?

QuakeSPV semms to hang in the loading but Doom works perfectly.The FPS is a bit low but its good enugh.I also have Wolf3D.(The clasical old DOS 3D shoter)

The best game is Worms WorldParty.Its exsactly how it is on the PC.The graphics,sounds,wepons... is exsactly the same.The only difrence i see is that it runs on a phone.(I got the full version over P2P)

There is an nother good game caled SkyForce.The developers say that the programerd did it in pure ARM asembely to make the graphis look sooooooo good.Its an cool 2D shother.

Oh an what program do you use to play media?I use BetaPlayer.Its free,can play a lot of fromats,has an equlayser and most of all playes DivX.

Il send you the full version of the two games if you want if you want.

Yeah I wouldn't mind that bud I haven't tried any old games due to a (minor) issue with my phone but would like that thanks....
Don't suppose you have any ROMS do you???
Also I assume you have been to Modaco, do you know of a better / more helpful forum as I think it's getting a bit busy and cluttered there lately!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back