Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

And we are not your slaves...

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi T,
Click on the Theory and Circuits options on the top Menu bar.

Members have posted lots of useful info, along the lines you are suggesting.

Eric

I have been following this thread. I will also add that I have been a member of numerous forums on the internet and also pre internet days when they were BBS's. I have seen these types of posters many many times before. My feeling is that EVERYONE should TOTALLY IGNORE this persons posts. The big problem of course is to get EVERYONE to follow suit. Some of you may think that is harsh but that is my opinion.
Other opinions are welcome of course.

From time to time we get people who want their code fixed but are not willing to learn from their mistakes or the person helping.

I realize this is a much harder task when data sheets are not provided in your native language. Not our fault. If you want to work in electronics you need to improve you English comprehension skill to where you can read and understand.

Everyone needs to start at the beginning learning the simple things first. We often start with blinking LEDs but getting the LEDs to blink is a second level benefit. The important lessons are learning syntax, flow control, and debugging methods.

When you ask for syntax help in a program using peripherals involving communication protocols everyone know you messed up and did not learn the basics.

People grow tired of fixing problems you would not be having if you paid attention and learned the basics.

We are not bad, mean or ugly. And we are not your slaves.

This is one of the main reasons I stopped offering help. I got tired of putting in my own time and effort making designs and schematics only to have the OP leave the thread without so much as a thanks. Grrr. I have better things to do with my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back