Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

All Terrain Vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if i use servo for the angular control of support arm, i would be able to get 180* as maximum angle,

can i use stepper so that i can get full 360* :)
It would give me better torque also, but the thing that it requires driving ckt makes me feel sick :p

Last edited:
I simply wouldn't use track arms because the servo motor needs enough torque to move the robot. Large strong servo motors are very expensive. I'd just use a shaped track personally.

The exception is for little robots that you can carry in our arms, then you can use the most expensive RC servos available.

Last edited:
Yes it can except for stairs that only have horizontal boards and no vertical boards (almost nothign but legs can climb those steps or robots with enormous tall and long tracks or wheels).

Even robots with a regular straight track can climb stairs. Shape tracks have an eeven easier time getting on the stairs. Once you're on the stairs the two are about the same. The main thing is that the robot has to be long enough to span several steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back