Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Age call !!!!!!!!!!!

How old are you?

• Under 20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 55-60

• Above 60

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
See? I visit ****-chat occasionally. :lol:
I'm one of the young squirts, I turned 60 two days ago.
I don't feel any older, but I am called "a dirty old man" on another electronics forum. :lol:

Looks like there is no female on the forum i didn't see any post saying its bad manners to ask age of female :)

Somewhere between 12 and 16, although (2005 - year of birth) == 27 :p

BTW, some of you posted their age but didn't actually vote! We should be at least 4 in the 26-30 range, and yet there are only 2 votes registered at the time of this writing!

I'm 24 and I'm losing my freaking hair already.

Wait till that crap starts happening. You go through this "this isn't really happening to me" phaze, then you just accept it. You can still be a sexy mofo even when you're balding.

HELL YEAH BABY!!!

Steve P said:
I'm 24 and I'm losing my freaking hair already.

Wait till that crap starts happening. You go through this "this isn't really happening to me" phaze, then you just accept it. You can still be a sexy mofo even when you're balding.

HELL YEAH BABY!!!

Well don't worry man I'm also oing through you stage

I'm 21. I have just started learning really, although I did A-level electronics, and a NC in engineering. I thought I knew nothing about electronics but I'm actually finding myself quite surprised that I understand most of the stuff you young 'uns talk about, although I have to say I am a little appalled at some of the spelling & grammar here! There are some people who could do with one or two English classes, never mind Electronics!! (such things as "an" instead of "a" - I even saw somebody spell measure "mesher"!!) Anyway I do realise I'm beginning to sound a little sad. GRIPE OVER! :) Oh BTW I'm building a UV light box at the moment - got all the materials, components etc, but I'm stuck on what to get tube - wise. Been trying to find a cheap combination but it's proving difficult (full light fittings seem cheaper than buying tubes & ballasts seperate!!)

Cheers,

Robotic Misinfo

PS: I'm not such a bad guy - at least I'm not full of Bull**** like roboticinfo was (still is ?? - I dunno - guess we'll have to wait & see)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

:D I'm not g.a.y either - just in touch with my feminine side! lol

Well.... I'm not picking on one individual. Don't take it the wrong way Berni. Maybe you can't unbury your head from that electronics book to even think about it... lol. You'll go far I'm sure. Just get your mum to write your CV.

Roboticmisinfo.

Hehe. Sorry Berni. That coil gun looks cool. Couldn't download the video though :-(

Mike,

Oh BTW, do you think I should change my avatar? It doesn't really have any relevance now that my fued with roboticinfo is over. I should probably change my user name as well... can I do that?

roboticmisinfo said:
Oh BTW, do you think I should change my avatar? It doesn't really have any relevance now that my fued with roboticinfo is over. I should probably change my user name as well... can I do that?
Yes that would be awesome, change your avatar and PM Electro Master to change your username. That should do it. :)

Here's a test for wisdom: Divide your real age by ten.
Then how many of you young whipper-snappers would know anything about anything?

When I was six I was electrocuting myself and others. I was blowing-up things. It was called, "Learning the hard way". :lol: :lol:

audioguru said:
Here's a test for wisdom: Divide your real age by ten.
Then how many of you young whipper-snappers would know anything about anything?

When I was six I was electrocuting myself and others. I was blowing-up things. It was called, "Learning the hard way". :lol: :lol:

Must be a generation thing. My dad would put nails in 110V outlets when he was younger. He liked the buzz. :shock:

Let's see, 26 divided by 10... When I was about 2 and a half years old, I figured out how to rip wallpaper off the walls and that unrolling a whole toilet paper roll in the toilet and flushing gives you a pretty good, smaller scale rendition of Niagara falls.

Joel Rainville said:
unrolling a whole toilet paper roll in the toilet and flushing.
Hee, hee, haa, haa. :lol: :lol: I didn't try that. Should I try it now? :lol: :lol:
I'll blame my dog.

Joel, your sppppelling is better than mine.
I have been watching too many TV ads because I spell Niagra like a little blue pill (not for me). It really is Niagara Falls. :lol:

hmmm....I kinda dont really remember anything from when I was 2.1 years old.

But I have a looooong history of taking stuff apart to see how it all worked. (usually breaking it in the process). My friends and I would go around the neighborhood on garbage day and take old appliances and stuff back to my house and dismantle it.

I think back then it was more about the breaking than the learning...but it did spark my interest in electronics and engineering.

Well I'll be 2.4 years.

If you ask me then I dont have a memory of that aga. May be I might be playing with other kids of my age.

I dont have interest in electronics at that age of my life. I didn't know about electronics, at that age in my home we dont even have a single light bulb in our home, we used to light a kerosen lamp in the night. I saw the electric light when I was 9 yrs.

I would have been 2.1. To be honest I didn't really give a toss about electronics when I was little. I had better things to be doing. I'm glad I didn't turn out like one of these 10 year old geeks who invented a kryptonite prism or something... hehe. No - I would have been pushing those shapes through holes in my postman pat van. Anyone else ever have one of those? I only really got into electronics in the last year or so. Anyway - bye I'm going out on the pi**. :)

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back