Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Advice on Capactive fluid level sensors .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well a 10 M || 10 M || 10 M || 10 M is 2.5 M ohms. 10 || 2.5 M is about 10 ohms. The formula is 1/Rt=1/R1+1/R2+...1/Rn

The high value resistors are not needed.

I was unsure what resistance would work and didn't want to suggest something that might (might) damage his system.

As it turns out, the OP applied my testing scheme (high to increasingly lower resistance tests), saw the trend, took it to its logical conclusion and arrived at a working solution.

Congratulations, garyd!

Thank you Bob I was just lucky I guess in that I mistakenly ordered the 10 Ohm resistors when I you stated 10M ohm but having them both turned out very well in the end as I can now report that it's close on 2 weeks now with not a single alarm and with all the other mods to the Reserator turning out to work extremely well I now have precisely what I wanted in that the Reserator is now an external cooling unit to be proud of I really appreciate all your help and time and I also very much appreciate the comments and info from keepitsimplestupid ,thank you all .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back