Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADE7763 Energy meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyPeter

I'm designing a energy meter using ADE7763 for 230v,20 A but I can't understand its Voltage sensing and current sensing blocks.... Pls list out the steps for finding the required components..
By the way I'm using 8051 Mc
#Thanks in Advance

Last edited:
Yea, but I'm not sure how to design the current sensor block because they have used a 1800:1 current sensor..... I'm going to measure a maximum of 20 A

There are many different current transformers (CT). You can get one that will produce 0.1V for 10A and 0.2V for 20A. This should work with a input range of 0.250V.

I think this project is too much for you.

The ADE7763 can not measure 220 volts directly. That will break the IC. You need to use a resistor divider. This will turn the 220 volts into 0.215 volts. The ADE7763 inputs a low voltage in the 1/4 volt range and through calibration the micro will output "220" volts.

The ADE7763 can not read current. It inputs a small voltage that comes from current. You need a method that turns 20 amps into 0.03 volts. When the input 2 voltage is 0.03 volts the computer will read 20 Amps. Calibration is used to make 0.03V=20A.

Watts is input 1 X input 2. Calibration is needed to get to watts.

The ADE7763 has gain control. Each input has programmable gain so you can choose the input range you want.

I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back