Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC PMG Generators

Status
Not open for further replies.

sri_chikoo

Hello Everyone

I am involved in the team of 5 people in building a Vertical Axis wind turbine.

I have some question on the electrical part of it.

I have a specs for the turbine and its aimed at producing 5KW.

We have selected a permanent magnet generator producing an AC output.

I need to tie this system to the grid.

Do I need a grid tie inverter ?

The grid tie inverters with controllers that are ready in the market specs as DC input.

I am bit confused.

I am I missing something.

Regards
Sri

You need 'something' to connect to the grid - and a grid tie inverter is one way.

Presumably the manufacturer of the generator provides a suitable item?, or a list of suitable ones?.

I would also suggest you might contact your electricity supplier?, as you will need the meter replacing, and they can probably advise on suitable equipment? - which presumably MUST meet their requirements?.

Incidentally, there's a 15KW or so wind turbine appeared this week across the field behind my house :D

Last edited:
The grid tie inverters with controllers that are ready in the market specs as DC input.

I am bit confused.

I am I missing something.

A rectifier. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back