Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About LED signboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevencarter

Hi all, I am planning to install a LED signboard for my restaurant. I have heard that it really helps in improving sales. Also, I read some tips to make the LED signs better (https://www.newstylesigns.com/blog/led-signs/eye-catching-ideas-led-signs/). I have some queries regarding this. How do I know I have a quality LED sign, and how long is this thing going to last? Can somebody help me with some tips to get the LEDs with better quality? Thank you in advance.

Post reads a little like SEO spam to me....

Check the watt rating of the LEDs or overall system used and compare with others available at around the same price.

Hi all, I am planning to install a LED signboard for my restaurant. I have heard that it really helps in improving sales. Also, I read some tips to make the LED signs better (https://www.newstylesigns.com/blog/led-signs/eye-catching-ideas-led-signs/). I have some queries regarding this. How do I know I have a quality LED sign, and how long is this thing going to last? Can somebody help me with some tips to get the LEDs with better quality? Thank you in advance.
The worse thing you can do is use a clicked link on a forum, the leds are bound to be really bad quality!!

I would never ever suggest anyone use leds from a company like the one in the link.

Personally I would go out and look at signs, if I saw one I liked I would go ask the person who owned where they got it from. Much better and safer than clicking on spam links in a forum...IMHO

Also you are aware that for a small fee, you can pay people to write decent forum posts for click bait, sorry but if its a SEO attempt its a bit amateur IMO. :D

#1 thing that draws me to a restaurant is good food a reasonable prices. If you don't have that all the signage in the world won't keep a viable customer base in place.

Word of mouth does way more for a business than any light from a sign ever will. ;)

#1 thing that draws me to a restaurant is good food a reasonable prices. If you don't have that all the signage in the world won't keep a viable customer base in place.

Word of mouth does way more for a business than any light from a sign ever will. ;)

100% correct.

Word of mouth does way more for a business than any light from a sign ever will.

I do agree. When we go exploring for a good restaurant, I will just ask google maps to show the restaurants near me. We look at the reviews (WOM) and decide to take a chance. I do use that because there are a number of restaurants in the DFW area. The good ones get repeat business. I also use that when travelling.

In the world of marketing there are many ideas out there to get your attention. Flag twirlers. blow up tubes, flags, neon signs, et all. I've asked many people about those marketing attempts based on return of their investment. Back in the day, the yellow pages in the telephone book was a way to get the word out about your services. I asked my brother in law how much business he obtained via that expense. He didn't know.

I once decided to start tracking my marketing efforts. I moved to a different area and took out an ad for one month. Within a few days of publication, I got a call, from a publisher that made phone book covers, so I said, what the hell, it had a large county wide distribution. Within a week of those being handed out, I got a call from a publisher that created those paper place mats you see in diners. I declined that because I started to wonder, who the hell sits down at the diner looking for a product or service other than what they went into the diner for. I never even paid attention to those place mats. Well, I started to read them when I went out to breakfast to see what they were offering. I seen the typical, well drillers, funeral homes, beauty salons, etc. I didn't see anything I was interested in, but it did pose some questions in my mind. I wonder if the vendors get a return on their investment.

I've been really inquisitive about marketing efforts. My one question is ... what was your last marketing event? Did you receive enough business to actually pay for the expenses of that event? The marketing people I've talked to could not answer the important question.

It's about reaching the masses and not about results. Like all business expenses, the value is what the vendor perceives.

I declined that because I started to wonder, who the hell sits down at the diner looking for a product or service other than what they went into the diner for. I never even paid attention to those place mats. Well, I started to read them when I went out to breakfast to see what they were offering. I seen the typical, well drillers, funeral homes, beauty salons, etc. I didn't see anything I was interested in, but it did pose some questions in my mind. I wonder if the vendors get a return on their investment.

I started paying attention to that stuff a for a while and the correlations I made were not good.
Those who advertised the most and widest were also locally known for having the least amount of repeat business for very good reasons which basically proved that all the signage and and advertizing in the world doesn't do crap compared to word of mouth.

And it was coincidentally the HVAC companies, electrical contractors and oddly enough well drillers I have seen on such things who were well known crooks who did terrible work and thusly rarely got repeat work from anyone I ever met who had used them.

Now if it was a small town dinner who only had local small businesses in their listings I suspect they were likely okay but when I see contractors who are local to my area on such listings 100+ or even a state or more away and I know from first hand accounts they are crooked it pretty much tells me that every other company on those olisting who is from some far off place is also in the same category.

It was a small town (Owosso, MI) in a couple of the diners there. The only thing that phone call accomplished was to pique my interest in reading those damn place mats to see the diversity of business' advertising with them.

The worse thing you can do is use a clicked link on a forum, the leds are bound to be really bad quality!!

I would never ever suggest anyone use leds from a company like the one in the link.

Personally I would go out and look at signs, if I saw one I liked I would go ask the person who owned where they got it from. Much better and safer than clicking on spam links in a forum...IMHO

Also you are aware that for a small fee, you can pay people to write decent forum posts for click bait, sorry but if its a SEO attempt its a bit amateur IMO. :D
Agree - so spammy .......

As nobody else has raised this:
I guess that I must do it.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back