Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

(ABC) FM station at 81.7Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcmvsv

I have a FM radio reciever I built that can recieve signals from 73MHZ-108Mhz. The American radio stations are from 87Mhz-108Mhz. When I tuned below 87 to 81.7, I got a signal broadcasting ABC station. I'm from Massachsetts,USA. I'm not sure who's broadcasting this stuff. I can recieve the signal about 15-30miles west of Boston.
Besides the signal, there are also some strange stuff going on.
1) the infomation broadcasted is about 10 seconds faster than the TV
2)exactly the same infomation as TV except NO VIDEO
3) 24hrs a day

can someone give me more info :?: [/b]

I can't explain the time shift, but TV audio is transmitted as FM at 4.5MHz above the video carrier. The video carrier frequency for channel 5 is 77.25MHz. Add 4.5MHz to this, and you get 81.75MHz. I guess you have identified them as WCBV (?). I guess your main question is, why the 10 second advance.

My guess on the 10 second advance - do you have cable lcmvsv? I'm guessing that if you use a regular antenna TV you'll have a sync between the radio and TV picture...

or maybe I'm wrong. :lol:

-Infamous

theinfamousbob said:
My guess on the 10 second advance - do you have cable lcmvsv? I'm guessing that if you use a regular antenna TV you'll have a sync between the radio and TV picture...

or maybe I'm wrong. :lol:

-Infamous
Are you like me - it's possible, you were wrong once before? :lol:
I think the cable thing is a good guess. What the heck is lcmvsv? A Google search turned up nothing...

Ron H said:
What the heck is lcmvsv?

Could it possibly be the OPs name? :roll:

JimB

Wouldn't that be TV channel 6 you are listening to?

Here in Southern Ontario, that would be Global.

mstechca said:
Wouldn't that be TV channel 6 you are listening to?

Here in Southern Ontario, that would be Global.
As I said above,
TV audio is transmitted as FM at 4.5MHz above the video carrier. The video carrier frequency for channel 5 is 77.25MHz. Add 4.5MHz to this, and you get 81.75MHz. I guess you have identified them as WCBV (?).
Channel 6 in the US is at 83.25MHz. The audio carrier is at 87.75MHz. Lcmvsv was tuned to 81.7MHz.
I believe all of North America uses the same channel numbers/frequencies. Also, from what I can gather, ABC has no affiliates in Canada. Feel free to correct me. :)

JimB said:
Ron H said:
What the heck is lcmvsv?

JimB
Oh yeah. :oops: I should have noticed. In my own defense, if Infamous had put a comma between "cable" and "lcmvsv", I would have figured it out on my own. :roll:

Ron H said:
JimB said:
Ron H said:
What the heck is lcmvsv?

JimB
Oh yeah. :oops: I should have noticed. In my own defense, if Infamous had put a comma between "cable" and "lcmvsv", I would have figured it out on my own. :roll:

It could of course be a horrible acronym for some piece of process plant,

Locally Controlled Mixing Vessel Shutdown Valve.

or maybe he just ran his fingers across the keyboard when registering here! :D

How about it lcmvsv, what does it mean? we need to know. :?

JimB

Sorry for the long....... no response time. I forgot about this and had other things in mind. Now I'm back again :). Thanks for your help.

Hey!
The original question concerned a 10 second delay.
6 months is ridiculous!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back