Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A stereo FM receiver using the TEA5711 IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can tune any radio with varactor diodes. Any diode (or junction in a transistor) changes its capacitance a little when its reverse voltage is changed but a varactor diode is designed to change its capacitance enough to do the tuning range properly.

Sir, could Please explain me with using TEA5711 circuit diagram, how to use varactor diodes for Tunning.
You can try the basic principle as like here:

varactor-drive-options.gif

In the first image you can use the resistance as the wiper of a pot(say 10K according to input voltage and tuning range..do calculation) to change the reverse bias voltage across the varactor. Important thing is you need to isolate the bias voltage from entering the RF loop. A capacitor used here for isolation.

Last edited:
could Please explain me with using TEA5711 circuit diagram, how to use varactor diodes for Tuning.
The schematic of a manually tuned AM/FM radio on the datasheet shows a 4-gang tuning capacitor. Two of the gangs are for AM and two are for FM. Simply use a suitable varactor diode for each. The varactor diodes are tuned by changing the voltage with a pot of a regulated voltage.

can you please tell me which one is better to use; tea5711 or sony cxa1538 . both are stereo ic. i have decided to build this receiver and find both ic are available in my area.

@skldj,
why at all to build an FM radio when it can be bought dam cheap? your effort can better serve you, on any other gadget that could help your education and or hobby.

skldj,
why at all to build an FM radio when it can be bought dam cheap? your effort can better serve you, on any other gadget that could help your education and or hobby.

it feels good when i do it by myself..

Attachments

• photo0640_001.jpg
    photo0640_001.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 574
can i use 3n200 mosfet in place of bf981. because it is hard to find..

Attachments

• Photo0648.jpg
    Photo0648.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 831
ok, got the email too. Shall be dispatching on Monday by speed post. i would intimate you the tracking #.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back