Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A stereo FM receiver using the TEA5711 IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Mikebits beat me to it... Manhattan style: small square or round pieces of single-sided PCB pieces are glued on the board and used to connect and hold the components. Very easy to implement when space is available, but doesn't beat printed circuits for "microscopic" circuits. Hope this helps...

I guess Mikebits beat me to it... Manhattan style: small square or round pieces of single-sided PCB pieces are glued on the board and used to connect and hold the components. Very easy to implement when space is available, but doesn't beat printed circuits for "microscopic" circuits. Hope this helps...

Can you consider CXA series of SONY though SMD, they are manageable. and available in market as replacement spares. Making a pcb may not be a problem. i have a radio SONY ICF SW11 and works well. One of acclaimed set is SONY ICF7600GR (digital though) and you may well be able to use the same chip as used by them.

The front end is broadly tuned, not untuned. The 5711 has distributed IF gain and good strong signal behavior of 500 mV, wich is adequate in most situations.

Like I said, it's a wideband front end, the entire FM band (and considerable above and below) come romping in - excessively strong signals will completely overload the front end.

I don't know if it has a limiter before the detector, in which case AGC is not required.

Like we've said, AGC is applied to the front end only (in decent quality radios), to prevent serious overload - there's no need (or use) for AGC in the IF chain.

In any case, We have a number of very strong FM stations in my area, and none of them are creating ghosts on the dial. All in all, my receiver has very good sensitivity, selectivity and strong signal behaviour. We can debate this forever, but I built it, aligned it and tested it, and these are the facts.

Sounds like you're not in an area that has strong enough signals to cause a problem, neither am I, and I've NEVER seen a problem on my car radio as I've driven round the country. However, this in no way means it's not a problem, because it is - and in some areas high quality radios (with AGC, or a Local/DX switch) are the only ones that work.

Decent quality radios use AGC for the front end AND the IF stages, it's a well known fact. FM receivers with limiters don't apply AGC to the IF.

In my receiver, the antenna input is broadly tuned but the circuit has a tuned RF circuit down the line. If there is no RF amplication before that tuned circuit, there will not be signal break through, or whatever they call it.

mvs sarma, SMD is a pain to handle by homebrewers. I went with the TEA5711 and not the TEA5711T because it is SDIP (Shrink Dual inline package) and I could plug it in an SDIP socket and spread the pins to connect the components. I looked for SDIP to DIP adaptors.. the retailers don't sell them in small quatities.

Very impresive , ihave to do this project at the university.
Can you help me with more ditales , please ???????????????????

Very impresive , ihave to do this project at the university.
Can you help me with more ditales , please ???????????????????
What are you studying in university? How to solder?
The circuit is already designed on the IC's datasheet.
The TEA5711 radio IC is obsolete and is not made anymore.

ronibog1982 what details do you need? I used the application circuit on the TEA5711 spec. sheet, without the AM section. You can see the parts placement on my website. But like audioguru said, the TEA5711 is not in production anymore and difficult to find.

http://www.midcenturyradios.com/HM-FM-Stereo.html

Last edited:
rahulan999 you bad boy! ;) why don't you dedicate one of your many TEA5711 ICs to ronibog1982 so he can do his project, hummm?

;) It's something like giving my lover to somebody else........I will not do that!

All the remaining ones are for future use..I told you :D :D

Please Help

;) It's something like giving my lover to somebody else........I will not do that!

HEY guys , its me roni... i steel have to do my project.
i"m very happy that you have wrote me back.

i need an help about TEA5711 fm reciever .

IF some body have the LAYOUT of th FM reciever , please send me , it will
be very helpful .

I will be very hapy to recive any information about this construction

my email : ronibog@walla.com:)

Hi Radiomate...need your help !!!

I am making FM stereo receiver using IC TEA5711 T, it is a SMD [I am not able to get TEA5711 and 0.06uH] and TDA7050, so my query is that ,Can I be still able to make my FM Stereo receiver using a TEA5711T SMD and other TDA7050 SDIP, and also not able to get 0.06uH coil, Is it possible to make this or its equivalent, at home, and what is the value of Tuning Capacitor???

Last edited:
because of its frequency modulation (rather than amplitude modulation), FM reception is less dependent on AGC. thus the use of (more) broadband front ends in FM receivers.

you can actually argue that the combination of AGC and a broadband front end is a deadly combination for long distance reception as a strong local station will severely compress the gain thus limiting the reception for a long distance signal.

a tuned front end would be better, even for FM. but the added costs / complexity may not be worth it.

FM stereo receiver using IC TEA5711T, TDA7050

Audioguru are you aware with my query...Please HELP...!!!

I am making FM stereo receiver using IC TEA5711 T, it is a SMD [I am not able to get TEA5711 and 0.06uH] and TDA7050, so my query is that ,Can I be still able to make my FM Stereo receiver using a TEA5711T SMD and other TDA7050 SDIP, and also not able to get 0.06uH coil, Is it possible to make this or its equivalent, at home, and what is the value of Tuning Capacitor???

I have bought all the parts and bit confused....!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back