Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A possible solution [Re: Walters]

Should we PM him?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why you guys get your feathers so ruffled about an anonymous internet user posting questions. Since when does anyone have responsibility for getting someone to understand something?

For all we KNOW, he is really a turing machine on the other side of the keyboard. :lol:

Now, he might never come back to this fantastic forum that contains great people who are very helpful. :cry: Try and find a beginner forum with such active and _FRIENDLY_ people on the web.. try it! I think this place is arguably #1 for that class anywhere.

If you don't like what your getting into with a message thread, just bail and leave it be.. insulting people doesn't solve anything.

Optikon said:
I don't see why you guys get your feathers so ruffled about an anonymous internet user posting questions.
Because he is ridiculous with his posts.

Since when does anyone have responsibility for getting someone to understand something?
Since the first post Walters made.

For all we KNOW, he is really a turing machine on the other side of the keyboard. :lol:
a machine? LMFAO :lol:

Now, he might never come back to this fantastic forum that contains great people who are very helpful. :cry:
That is his choice, not ours.

Try and find a beginner forum with such active and _FRIENDLY_ people on the web.. try it! I think this place is arguably #1 for that class anywhere.
Walters, Did you hear that?

If you don't like what your getting into with a message thread, just bail and leave it be.. insulting people doesn't solve anything.
Walters, I hope you understand where we are coming from.

Walters has given-up asking questions about high school magnets, making coils, phase shifters and time delays. Maybe he even gave-up on his spinning guitar speaker because now he is asking questions about high school math.

I can't remember much about high school math. I was distracted by ... you know. About the only math I use in electronics is to find the value of parallel resistors and the reactance of capacitors and inductors.
I didn't even memorize pi, I just remember that 1 divided by 2 pi= 0.16. :lol:

having read walter's thread...i do not know if he just wants troll/flame baits...

and i have to agree with otikon post...

audioguru said:
Maybe Walters has a translation problem?
Maybe Walters hasn't learned how to read?
By his own admission, walters has a comprehension problem.
Either you are patient with him, or you leave him alone.
Impatience will simply cause you to scream louder at each repetition.

If he doesn't understand your words, stand aside and let someone else try.

That's my advice.

tkbits said:
By his own admission, walters has a comprehension problem.
I have heard that potassium and caffeine helps a person's mental ability. Maybe if Walters ate a lot of bananas and drank a lot of coffee or something??? :lol:

Oh yeah, don't "shrinks" give a malfunctioning brain a little jolt??? :lol:

Has anyone heard from Walters lately. Did he get the message??

I've heard that cigarettes help with concentration. Unfortunately they also cause so many other problems.

Oops, sorry, I see walters still working on motor theory.
Crazy if you ask me. It sounds like you guys have taken him from the start and slowly moved forward.
He should pick up a few books at library and read them.
I find info in books are better, then what on the web.
And yes I know, to be updated you would have to use web. But to get started with motor theory, can't beat a book.

I can't concentrate when there is a lushious gorgeous young woman nearby.
Maybe Walters has a harem? :lol:

Maybe Walters found a girl, and that girl is lecturing him :lol:

hjl4 said:
Maybe walters is that (young beautiful) woman .

Yes, that makes sense. Women do have a tendency to talk a load of rubbish and refuse to understand what you are trying to explain to them!

JimB

The insults are flying left and right. I guess electro-tech is showing its true colors.

DigiTan said:
The insults are flying left and right. I guess electro-tech is showing its true colors.

You can't judge Whole server by the behaviour of it's few members. Personally I don't like the way people talk about Walters, but this is a free forum, so I won't close this discussion (unless things go ugly in here)...

My two cents.

??? If certain parties had lived by those words back in , we wouldn't be in this mess.

True, it wasn't the whole server at fault (I certainly wasn't part of it). And I agree walters went about most of his questions the wrong way. But having him bashed (and now PM'ed) to the extent he was is a level of impudence I don't ignore. Who died and made destructive criticism king?

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Everyone,

This forum is specifically designed for general discussions about anything with a decent nature; you are allowed to post non related electronics content.

Here is what not allowed todo in this forum:

- No Spamming
- No Abusing Members
- No Insulting Members
- No Project Request
- No Part Requests
- No Adult Content.

We wish to retain a high standard in this forum and we will need your help for this. If you see any spam or abuse please use the Report Post (exclamation mark located on the right of every post) feature and our admins / mods will remove the post.

If this forum is not kept "clean" it will be removed.

what is the point of this thread, btw?

solidhelix,

Iguess I owe an appology to walters.

I went beyond code of conduct for this forum. No insulting members.

So for that I appologise "walters"

Let me zoom in:

Here is what not allowed todo in this forum:

- No Spamming
- No Abusing Members
- No Insulting Members
- No Project Request
- No Part Requests
- No Adult Content.
Notice how the word "forum" is used?
These rules apply to the entire site :!:
and Walters has violated the rules in bold.

Just because there is an arguement that Walters "spammed" this forum is in no way justification for ppl to insult him

I am the biggest culpret in that (I called him a fat idiot in one thread) and thus am lucky not to have been banned (as the rules stand)

I have decided just not to reply to any of Walters threads.

I see today that Walter's has pissed of another person trying to help him

I believe questions have to be asked abt Walters methods (reluctance to use google or to teach himself - would rather be spoon-fed), BUT insulting and banning isnt the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back