Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A little POV with a 18f1220 and hot glue LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

be80be

If any one was wanting to know where I been ?
My wife died in jan 9 2010 I've been sick and almost broke but now I back

I made this last sunday using swordfish basic and a pic 18f120 and lot of hot glue

Here the spinner
pic2-jpg.46227

and board
pic1-jpg.46226

And here she is spinning

Attachments

• pic1.JPG
    pic1.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 583
  • pic2.JPG
    pic2.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 657
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks

I'm going to post the schematic and sample code.

I made a color engine but I'm not going to post that

Got to keep some thing for oneself LOL

Thanks atom

The code I have right now is real simple. I'm working on a color engine . The code is in Swordfsh basic

The hard part was keeping power to the pic18f1220 I made it with three brushes two for power and one that clocked the rpm of it spinning they put to much stain on the motor and it got hot real fast.

It's hard to believe you can get as many colors from just four RGB leds

I made one that scans a 6x32 using just green yellow leds but the brushes are not staying on track.
about set the thing on fire LOL

You would not believe how hot 4 AA can get don't pick them up when hot is all i can say LOL

She was just on long enough to see smoke LOL. Good thing I was using batteries if it had been my power supply and it's
15 amps who knows what would of happen.

Wow heh
Thats the puzzler right there. How to power it heh. I guess if i make a PCB i can make 2 round traces and have one 5v and the other gnd like:

power-png.46275

The SEP = separator which will be most likely plastic or glue. And a wire on bottom or 2 small pen springs to touch the trace. and a nice cap to clean the supply spikes.

Attachments

• power.png
    power.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 541
Last edited:
That's what I did but the 5volt + moved in to the gnd and shorted it out.

Here some pictures

Attachments

• bad.JPG
    bad.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 188
  • good_one.JPG
    good_one.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 187
thats why i wanted to learn inductive power transfer. This would be cool for it since no wires are needed. No touching parts. Correct?

That would be cool I'll look and see what I can come up with when I get time

But just a idea you could place say 8 strong magnets in the base and place coil on the spinning part and make power that way don't no how much. but you just gave me the idea. Man no a simple way put the spinner on a old floppy drive motor I'll post this latter good idea about inductive power transfer Atom

Sorry to hear about your troubles.
would think that with all the magnets would prevent the whole thing from turning.
what about using a motor armature and brushes. similar to an automotive alternator.
using a slot interrupter switch to control speed (count rpm)
best solution is a disk with copper on both sides(one side for 5+ and one for grd) then a slot for rpm control. Use some brushes from old motor.
sorry if I sound like I am rambling but just pounding out ideas.
wonder if electricity can be derived using pulsed IR light?
why did the batteries get hot??

thanks... i have the idea but none of the know how heh glad i gave you a idea

I bet I do just don't know a easy way to do it. I'll post that to or better still I'll pm you the idea
and post just the motor idea

why did the batteries get hot??
my 5 volt positive brush moved over to the gnd and shorted it out. It was on maybe 30 sec. and I saw smoke coming from the 4 pack of AA. I was looking to see why it wasn't powering my pic 16f88.

Little more and I would of had a fire LOL

Thanks MrDeb
heres one way to do the wireless power transfer

Wireless Power

Last edited:
MrDeb: yes! simple way there. Cool i have a ton of those wires and tons of caps heh... Ill try it in a bit also and give my results

Last edited:
Ok I no this is simple but I haven't seen it done for this application this little baby can give maybe 200 ma to 350 with right power regulator

Oh and me not spinning it I spin it at the rpm it was made for

Last edited by a moderator:
heh im whiter but hispanic heh

Damn i need to learn how to create sine waves with a PIC to do that stuff? i dont even know what a sine wave is! i never went to college or anything (for long at least heh) i guess its learning time. Any links?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back