Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A heads-up on part suppliers

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting.

I'm curious. According to the datasheet a 2n1103 is only good for 20ma collector current and the A06 can take 500ma.
Why don't you take one of your new 1103 ca transistors and set it up into saturation driving a load resistor to pull an Ic of 400 ma.

If it pops then it's not an A06 !:)

Last edited:
I called Eddie, and he pulled the transistor in question (the supposed "house marked" MPSA06-HM). After he looked at it, he agreed with me: it is NOT a house marked transistor. Eddie said he was going to pass this along, and they would be updating the website to reflect the correct information: it's a 2n1103
FWIW, their site and their printed catalog just received today still shows it's a house-marked part, same info as this thread shows.

I don't know which info is true; whether whoever originally determined the part equivalency at AE is right, or Eddie. I'm just posting here to advise anyone that was interested in the info originally.

(I found this thread (and forum) via Google search about the 1103CA marking, while I was researching prior to ordering any--they're a really good deal for 80V 500mA transistors, but not so good for the other likely possibility, and not really useful to me unless they *are* the MPSA06. Same for the MPSA56-HM they also have on the same page of the catalog).

I actually went to the store on Oxnard St. in Van Nuys and bought some of them. I put them in a circuit and to my satisfaction they look and work like MPSA06. They DO NOT look like 2N1103A and they DO NOT work like them. For example it handles 500mA which is supposed to blow up a 2N1103A.

I believe that the All Electronics is telling the truth about what they are. The devices that I bought are NOT 2N1103A. TO-92 is the wrong package with the wrong pin out and the wrong ratings. "Eddie" is probably the guy who gets the callers that won't go away. He knows the customer is always right, which is sometimes different from accurate.

I have been buying from All Electronics for over ten years and I do not recall ever receiving a wrong or misrepresented part.

Last edited:
Cool--knowing they are the real deal I'll probably be ordering a bunch soon.

I've ordered from AE before with no problems, including the tires currently on my CrazyBike2:
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back