Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A hard to resist problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth I am going to chirp now...

People are welcome to shoot me down. I am cool with that:)

Anlalogue VS Digital: In my experience for day to day repairs...Analogue never lies.....gotta understand what the meter is showing/telling you....no beep beep here or beep beep there. Silence and accuracy is the Analogue way. Gotta understand what it's telling you though. Wax that and you are good to go.

Digital is brilliant for new designs where you are looking for set up accuracy....need 10.00 V exactly.....DMM delivers. My Fluke 77 is around 30 years young now.....best tool I ever bought. I saved all my money as a 21 yr old and purchased the best tool ever.

But every tool has its usefulness. I guess it's all about how you understand and use your tools :)

So, as an old repair Guy who has seen all, and I mean all.....Analogue does it for me:)

New design=use Digital. Repairs=Analogue.

Put that in your hat and sleep on it:)

tv

Hi tv,

Nobody is going to shoot you down. What you say makes a lot of sense- you can be terribly misslead by a load of dancing numbers on a digital instrument, whereas an analogue needle gives you a much better idea of what is going on. But for precision work and design proving I find digital the best. Like I said before, you need both types and the cost these days is so low that it is no problem to buy both- I have done that.

And you deserve Rep....lots of it too.
So good to find sensible folks on the NET these days:)

Go Tiger. I have your back covered,

tv

:) Thank you tv- you are a gentleman

Thanks but you have earned my respect. You are destined for greatness. I always call a spade a spade....some understand..some don't....

You just keep doing your thing accurately and I will always be at your side.....simple and easy as that:)

tv

Wait what!? That's the one I have.... I didn't even pay 1/4 of that for it... And mine is in NZD https://www.jaycar.co.nz/Test-&-Mea...y-Duty-IP67-True-RMS-Autoranging-DMM/p/QM1574
Fluke has cheaper multimeters that are probably 100* better then this one... What kind of jewel encrusted golden blow job do you get with that?!

Capitalism at work! It does say "bulk", so it could be a crate of them? Just tell everyone you got a bargain :) and you have the papers to prove it.

Really, you didn't get a bad deal. Accuracy and warranty are the things it lacks, but it's a good deal.

==

Nigel https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/nice-little-component-tester-kit.141912/ recommended this component tester.
Mine's not together yet.

You can't not get it.

It will pick up some stuff that the MM can't do. ESR (Effective Series Resistance) and component identification. It's also an inductance meter. I think they added stuff too. Just don't use it on powered circuits or capacitors with a charge on it.

It will give you some experience putting a kit together as well.

==

PS: I hope you enjoy it :happy: here.

...Fluke has cheaper multimeters that are probably 100* better then this one...
There is always something better in life. You have to judge things according to how well they function for the use intended- in the case of your meter, very well indeed. I am not just saying this, but the performance is amazing, particularly: IP67, 40,000 count, input impedance= 10M Ohm, temp measurement, frequency to 10MHz, capacitance to 4mF, true RMS...

It is a load better than the Fluke 15B+ and 17B+

I have found a couple of major problems though- there is no coffee dispenser and no jack socket for your axe :p

Last edited:
Capitalism at work! It does say "bulk", so it could be a crate of them? Just tell everyone you got a bargain :) and you have the papers to prove it.

Really, you didn't get a bad deal. Accuracy and warranty are the things it lacks, but it's a good deal.

==

Nigel https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/nice-little-component-tester-kit.141912/ recommended this component tester.
Mine's not together yet.

You can't not get it.

It will pick up some stuff that the MM can't do. ESR (Effective Series Resistance) and component identification. It's also an inductance meter. I think they added stuff too. Just don't use it on powered circuits or capacitors with a charge on it.

It will give you some experience putting a kit together as well.

==

PS: I hope you enjoy it :happy: here.
Ah yeah fair enough.

I did see that tester and I might get it at some point down the line but I might finish the short circuits books first and then go from there as they seem to be quite helpful.

I am really enjoying it here and I've barely left this thread :D

There is always something better in life. You have to judge things according to how well they function for the use intended- in the case of your meter, very well indeed. I am not just saying this, but the performance is amazing, particularly: IP67, input impedance= 10M Ohm, temp measurement, frequency to 10MHz, capacitance to 4mF, true RMS...

I have found a couple of major problems though- there is no coffee diswpenser and no jack for your axe :p
I was actually looking at it wondering if it had a coffee dispenser.. Have you heard of Vox amPhones?

:p

No, but just looked them up- very interesting. I normally listen to my practice combo through phones. The Vox AC30 is my #1 amp- I like the clean sound. Like Fender too.
Yeah I have a AC100 and I love the clean as well as the sound of a fender clean too I just wish I have a set of 4, 12 inch, celestion greenbacks instead of the 5150 4x12 cab I have as it makes the clean a little dark but that will come later I guess.

I got a set of the ac30 amphones and they surprisingly sound alright for what they are so I'm tempted to (Once they kick the bucket) take them apart and see how they work and might consider doing something like that to some higher end headphones and seeing how it gose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back