Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A finals project for you lazy, engineering majors!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how the universal translator uses the word "doubt" where "question" would be more appropriate. Of course it almost always starts with "Dear Sirs, I am a 5th year Engineering student..." Is this boilerplate? Is there a copy/paste master document somewhere like the Nigerian scam stuff?

**broken link removed**
I think this may be something they (don't) learn in English class. I have seen well-written posts that use "doubt" where "question" would be more appropriate. I also seem to recall hearing Indian PhDs use this questionable (doubtable?) substitution.

will this ujt get all my pay per view and freeview channels working properly-or do i need yet another set top box and half a dozen more scart leads????

Yes it will. Just subscribe to my web site for $39.95 a month.
It will cure every problem you have. However dont bother trying to unsubscribe. There is no cancel function on the web site and customer support is a disconnected number. But thank you for your continual and uninteruptable payments!

**** I am fed up with this POS spell check system here. Uninteruptable and unsubscribe are both not in the spell check library. I have found around 30 common words now that are not in the spell check program. WTF?
Other web site dont have this problem with there different versions of spell check. Only the ones with this system.
Just thought I'd let you know. ***

Last edited:
I've been wondering about this "doubt" thing, too. Seems like they attach some special significance to that term, but I find it annoying.

i like how the universal translator uses the word "doubt" where "question" would be more appropriate. Of course it almost always starts with "dear sirs, i am a 5th year engineering student..." is this boilerplate? Is there a copy/paste master document somewhere like the nigerian scam stuff?

**broken link removed**
off topic :)

Attachments

• topicmofo.JPG
    topicmofo.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 179
Most translators translate words only and have little to no knowledge of context, it's why they're so horrible and payed translators are still in high demand. As said by the Navy commercial, you're translating culture not just language.

Would it be possible to make this from sticky back plastic and egg boxes as these are the only items available on my home planet. I made a computer from these items after I saw it on an egg box telly and am in fact using it to post here.

Please send me full instructions and someone to do all the work.

OK while all you guzs were askin aroundz I went and patented that circuit so if anyone wantz to uze it from now on plz send $10,000 to my swiss bank accountz and my account is named WilliMakeIt.

New Private Messages at Electronic Circuits Projects Diagrams Free
6 New Private Messages in Folder: Inbox
Re: Finals Project
YOIUALYI
WILL UR CKT WORK WITH 2SB549 WILL IT WORK FOR WORDS BESIDES HELLO I NEED TOMORROW FOR FINAL
YOIUALYI
HELLO I AM STILL WAITING FOR REPL YI NEED FOR TOMORRW THAKS
YOIUALYI
HELLO??????
Re: I will make money with this and you won't
ImportantGuy
Did you get my second message from last week about modifying the circuit you gave me from the week before so that it can work from a 1.5V power supply?
ImportantGuy
Also, I was wondering if you could change the first circuit you gave me so it works with a 2-pin connector instead of a 8-pin connector? I don't want to run all those extra wires!
ImportantGuy
One more thing - I'm assuming that circuit can run the motor and light for a few months off the battery. If not, it would be ok for you to change your circuit to use a AA instead of an AAA battery and send me the new schematic ASAP, thanks.

Last edited:
How much of that crap do you get a day?
Enough to account for every Indian and Pakistani tech support representative and telemarketer.:(

Got one a couple of hours ago from "yeoshiki" who needed the secret to driving electrostatic transducers - I told him my trick with the backwards impedance matching transformer and a +200V DC supply for bias.

Got to stop doing that and just tell them to start an item.

Over and over I get this thing where someone starts an item, I reply, then they drag me off into a private conversation about it in mail. Real annoying. Why? Do they not want anyone else to know how to do it? WTF? Someone is missing the point!

Last edited:
I triy to make cirkit work in Eagle pcb layout but cannot make sound like cirkit meant when i add batery...this was my final year prject which i handed in yesterday..

Driving ultrasonics transducers is hard to find if you are using the internet as your only resource. It took me a few weeks to find just one website on how to drive piezo transducers, and from there I had to extrapolate what I knew about capacitors to learn how drive electrostatic transducers. No one who was just starting out in electronics would have enough background knowledge to figure out how to drive either from the online resources available.

That said, I had someone ask me to design for them a helicopter once. DO I look like a mechanical engineer? A machinist? Is this even a mechanical forum?!

Last edited:
First time I got the Polaroid electrostatic transducer to work, I thought I was a complete ƒц©қ¹ИБ idiot and there must be a better way to do it. Now I'm proud of myself for figuring it out.

I triy to make cirkit work in Eagle pcb layout but cannot make sound like cirkit meant when i add batery...this was my final year prject which i handed in yesterday..

I aint seenz my $10,000 in myz bankz acoountz yetz plz put za moneyz inz orz thoze studentz willz comez llokinz for zou....

I like the students that discovery the perfect power source for anything, super capacitors, and wonder why everyone is so slow to adapting them.

Lefty

From all of your scathing, sardonic humor, I think you all have become cynical. Not too long before you start acting like Archie Bunker :)

Last edited:
From all of your scathing, sardonic humor, I think you all have become cynical. Not too long before you start acting like Archie Bunker :)

Back in our days we use to calculate ohms law in long hand and wound our own IF transfomers, so dear 3rd year engineering student, GET OFF MY LAWN....

Lefty

Back in our days we use to calculate ohms law in long hand and wound our own IF transfomers,

Do you have any ideas how much would have been willing to pay to get a engineering class like that! :eek:

Todays engineering classes would never have a class like that. It would weed out to many of the whining theorists and let too many real world application people get through! :eek::D

My gosh, what would the world be like today if we had load after load of engineers with the hands on skills like their grand fathers had coming out of college! :eek:
The practicality of it is just mind boggling! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back