Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A few issues with generating composite PAL using logic IC's

Status
Not open for further replies.
They banned me from the other forum because I didnt want to show the schematics I didnt have.
No, they terminated the thread because of your arrogant and insulting attitude.
They are crazy.
No, they are seasoned, professional circuit designers and troubleshooters. After dozens of posts during which you refused to provide even the most basic information about your circuit, they gave up and stopped you wasting everyone's time. 18 posts into this thread and you still have not provided even one part number.

ak

No, they are seasoned, professional circuit designers and troubleshooters. After dozens of posts during which you refused to provide even the most basic information about your circuit, they gave up and stopped you wasting everyone's time. 18 posts into this thread and you still have not provided even one part number.

ak

You are arrogant too so we're even.

PConst167 You are treading on thin ice here. Your attitude has been very negative, and being rude and insulting to other members is only putting you in a tougher spot. We do not tolerate that sort of behavior here.

PConst167 You are treading on thin ice here. Your attitude has been very negative, and being rude and insulting to other members is only putting you in a tougher spot. We do not tolerate that sort of behavior here.

What's wrong with you people ? I get banned because I don't have schematics, then I get banned because I reply to others calling me arrogant ?

This world has gone nuts. If this sort of thing happens in the internet, I feel SORRY for the freedom of people out there in the world.

Last edited:

ak

I won't argue with you. I know that's what you're looking for.

What's wrong with you people ?
This world has gone nuts.
People are so stupid
You weren't banned because you don't have schematics, and you know that, which says a lot about your credibility. In fact, you weren't banned at all, and you know that, also, more of that credibility thing with some added overreaction.

One of your threads was closed, which is not the same thing as being banned from a forum. But you already know that because you started another thread on the same topic yesterday. And it wasn't closed because you didn't have schematics. It was closed because of the way you responded when the professionals *you asked for help* strongly recommended drawing a schematic for your own benefit as well as for the benefit of those whose time you were consuming. With statements like those above, it seems like nothing has changed. When three different moderators on two different fora call you out for your behavior, maybe the problem is not with "the world."

ak

You weren't banned because you don't have schematics, and you know that, which says a lot about your credibility. In fact, you weren't banned at all, and you know that, also, more of that credibility thing with some added overreaction.

One of your threads was closed, which is not the same thing as being banned from a forum. But you already know that because you started another thread on the same topic yesterday. And it wasn't closed because you didn't have schematics. It was closed because of the way you responded when the professionals *you asked for help* strongly recommended drawing a schematic for your own benefit as well as for the benefit of those whose time you were consuming. With statements like those above, it seems like nothing has changed. When three different moderators on two different fora call you out for your behavior, maybe the problem is not with "the world."

ak

I was actually banned for 15 days. Why do you think I stopped replying to your messages ? I could have reset my IP and made a new account, but I won't bother to go there again after being banned for such non sense reason as having no schematics and asking for help with what I had.

PConst,
It was difficult to help you with out knowing what you have. Every week some one says "HELP, HELP, my thing is not working" Then it takes 25 posts to find out what "thing" is.

One of the reasons for the forum is for all of us to learn. We helped you and, hopefully other people can read this and learn how to get from TTL to video. Other people deserve to learn.
We all took time to help you, with out knowing what the problem was.
In return we hope you will say what made it work. Explain some thing, anything. Help the next person.

If you said, "it is a secret, I don't want you to know because I will make 1,000,000 of money on this." The I would have thought "what a ass, he gets free help and makes big money. but ok"
You said "It is in my head". I do not know what that means.
Many of the last posts are "People are so stupid". There are many smart people on electronics forums that help and learn for free. 99.9% of the people are happy. If every one in your world is stupid and angry and out to hurt you, then this is your problem, "in your head".

On the good side; Thank you for the picture of the working TV. That is the only "thanks" I need.

PConst,
It was difficult to help you with out knowing what you have. Every week some one says "HELP, HELP, my thing is not working" Then it takes 25 posts to find out what "thing" is.

One of the reasons for the forum is for all of us to learn. We helped you and, hopefully other people can read this and learn how to get from TTL to video. Other people deserve to learn.
We all took time to help you, with out knowing what the problem was.
In return we hope you will say what made it work. Explain some thing, anything. Help the next person.

If you said, "it is a secret, I don't want you to know because I will make 1,000,000 of money on this." The I would have thought "what a ass, he gets free help and makes big money. but ok"
You said "It is in my head". I do not know what that means.
Many of the last posts are "People are so stupid". There are many smart people on electronics forums that help and learn for free. 99.9% of the people are happy. If every one in your world is stupid and angry and out to hurt you, then this is your problem, "in your head".

On the good side; Thank you for the picture of the working TV. That is the only "thanks" I need.

Hi Ron. I can explain what made it work. I built the circuit "from my head" without schematics just to get a feel for it. I had the idea about how to do it by using counters and logic to select which lines are horizontal sync and which lines are vertical sync. I did this without schematics so I have no schematics to offer. When I do have them because I will remake the circuit now that it works, then I will post them. So my signals were all sync signals, and what I wanted to do, and what created the issue was that I wanted the screen to go completely black after the sync signals. I wanted to do this simply to be able to see that the TV was indeed synchonizing to my signals. I wanted a way to make it black by tinkering it, and then making it white again, to see whether the TV would respond. If that worked, then I could be sure it was all working.

But my TV would display white no matter what voltage levels I would send to it after the sync, because the voltage I was sending was constant between each synch. So whether the voltage was zero or 1V or 4.5V wouldn't matter. It was always white! This drove me nuts because all materials on the web told me that if I varied the voltage between 0.3V and 1V, the shade would change. They also said that the reference voltage was black after synch. So by logic my tv should be black to start with. It was always white.

After I attached a cap to the output, my output was differentiated, with spikes after and before each synch. What was the output on the TV ??? It was a peak of white on the left, and then it went black on the right. That was the big clue. It must have been that the TV was taking the first voltage after synch as white rather than black, and because all my voltages were constant after synch, the tv would always be white.

So I made a counter to change the voltage after the synch multiple times, and indeed the TV started to show different shades. It had worked.

The solution was simple, the problem was that I didn't want to change the voltages until I could see the tv going black, and that was the problem because it simply wouldn't!

It was only after your post that I finally decided to try and change the voltages. So it's all thanks to you. Now the next step will be to make an interface so that this can comunicate with my second project, an 8bit computer also using 74HC IC's. Which is almost ready in fact!

**broken link removed**

Last edited:

ak

Removed my previous post. This topic has ended here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back