Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A big software update is on its way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found it. In the drop down of your name at the top right hand corner of the page it's the (Show Online Statue Button), at the bottom of the drop down, you can change your status and also, put remarks there. So when someone clicks on your name, they will see where you are e.g. BBL or Sorry, not at my computer, Im eating buffalo Jerky with some indian friends.

What ever, but if they click your name, they will see that status, just below your name. ( I will either be (Online) or something else. Like anyone would care, but for senior members it might be helpful for some soul waiting for a reply.

Last edited:
I don't know if this has been covered yet but I can't find a way to download an image from my computer. I can only reference a URL for an image.

I don't know if this has been covered yet but I can't find a way to download an image from my computer. I can only reference a URL for an image.

I thought about that too!

BB: Confused with your terms:
Download from computer doesn't make much sense.
Describe the target and describe the source.

The following options make sense:
a) UPLOAD file to Forum server; Target: ETO, Source: "My documents"
b) Download file from Forum server Target: "My documents" Source: ETO

Which one are you having trouble with?
Operating System?
Browser?

hi kv,
Which post number is that image located.?
E

I had trouble making a copy of the URL, I finally had to right click and had to copy the Url, I haven't had any trouble before today.

It's post 11. I fixed it in my previous post.

kv

hi kv,
I have had no problems with uploading or copying images.??

To Save to my PC, I enlarge the image so that I can see it, then left click on the image and get a pop up menu and click Save Image As... to my PC.
E

hi kv,
I have had no problems with uploading or copying images.??

To Save to my PC, I enlarge the image so that I can see it, then left click on the image and get a pop up menu and click Save Image As... to my PC.
E

Your left handed aren't you, you lucky dog. I wish I was.

Show you online Status in the drop down below your name. I clicked it but, I still see I'm online and what I'm viewing.

Is this only for me to see, or is everyone else seeing me offline?

Everyone else sees if you're online or not. What would be the point of only you seeing it?

Everyone else sees if you're online or not. What would be the point of only you seeing it?
I worded it wrong, I unchecked it. Not sure if it works right, I would have thought I would appear off line, I'm leaving it unchecked to see if anyone can see me still online.

I think that's better than, telling people your away, in the online status comment, if it works? At this point I can't tell.

Perhaps I am missing something, but why would you want other members not to know that you are online.??:lurking:

I unchecked it. Not sure if it works right, I would have thought I would appear off line, I'm leaving it unchecked to see if anyone can see me still online.
Your status is not now visible to me. Eric's isn''t visible. Ian's is.

Edit: Strange. Just a hint of the top of Eric's status is visible; the rest is hidden under the heading of the next post ??

Last edited:
Perhaps I am missing something, but why would you want other members not to know that you are online.??:lurking:

Either I type in the Status comment "I'm away from my computer" or I should be able to just not show I'm online or not. That way I'm not logging in and out. While away, I thought it would be helpful to posters, they see someone online and have no idea their away from their computer. I just think it's polite, so they aren't left hanging.

Click on my name and look at my online status. "Gone to the store, bbl." but, I should just be able to uncheck the "Show your online" and be invisible. e.g. not logging in and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back