Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A big software update is on its way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can I upload a file from my PC when replying in a Conversation? The 'Browse' option is not available.

Hi Guys

I have changed my mind. Things are looking better and better now that everything is being tweaked.
I am also finding the layout to be pretty much the same as the old ETO :)

Well done so far guys :cool:

Regards,
tvtech

EM:

Position a working hover link at the top of the screen, i.e. 1/2 cm below the address bar in Firefox, for instance.

Hover. The hovered text is not within the window.''

PS: I got all of the trophies today. I now need a mantle to display them on.

Last edited:
One thing I like is that when I open a thread that I have read before, but now has new posts, it takes me right to the first unread post.

+ + +

I like the 'Go To First Unread' feature too. But I still find myself back-tracking to recap on the thread's recent posts.

Not too crazy on how posting links work.

If the autoparseing works, which it seems to, then everything is fine

But if you do a "click the chain" and enter "**broken link removed**" in the resulting popup, the link shows up fine, but the next text you type continues in blue underline instead of the normal text that preceded the necessary font color change
http://foobar.com. Why do you have to change the text color back to black?

Also, if the system is going to allow links entered like that, it should make available TWO text boxes.
One for the link and one for the Text itself.
So, you can do stuff like look here. I just changed the color, but the real deal should be the link. So one box has the link "**broken link removed**" and the other has the "Text to appear" Both would be set to the link itself when entering it at the same time. The "text to appear" would be highlighted, anticipating a change.

Furthermore, when i highlight a block of any text and then click on the link to change the color, the current color of say black isn't highlighted.

Quoting is cool, but not great.

I love that you can highlight a text block and click quote to get the QUOTE tags placed. I'm suggesting to possibly bring back, the "reply with quote" eventually.

Missing "Restore auto-saved content"

I loved that VB feature.

Can't find "Reason for editing" yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blogs have come a long way and apparently are still being populated (most recent blog shown is Feb 24, 2013). When on the blog index, it takes 2 clicks to reach the blog's real content. The first click goes to a title page with author and title. The second click goes to the blog entry with a date and title, but no author. See here (magvitron, last entry):
Capture.PNG
Maybe the first click on the index could go to that actual blog with a header containing title, author, and date and avoid the need for the second click.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps I am suffering from amnesia, but where is the collaborative projects sub forum?

Hi EM

Could you please tell me how long it's going to take before the forums start working normally? I can only see one thread under "Your Content" and I can't access to any of the attachments. Is there any possibility that all that content would be available soon? And, by the way, the old interface of the forums was the best I had seen and I always found it very comfortable here using it. But you are the boss and knew better what to do! :) Kindly inform me. I'm very much worried because you would remember that some months ago when that data loss issue happened, many of the attachments from my threads were lost at that time too. Thank you.

Regards
PG

Hi EM

Could you please tell me how long it's going to take before the forums start working normally? I can only see one thread under "Your Content" and I can't access to any of the attachments. Is there any possibility that all that content would be available soon? And, by the way, the old interface of the forums was the best I had seen and I always found it very comfortable here using it. But you are the boss and knew better what to do! :) Kindly inform me. I'm very much worried because you would remember that some months ago when that data loss issue happened, many of the attachments from my threads were lost at that time too. Thank you.

Regards
PG

Hi PG,

The process to display 'Your Content' is to rebuild the search index and that can take a full day of constant processing. I started it a few hours ago so as it completes you should see more information turning up. Within a day at most you will see that page fill up.

With regards to attachments, can you give me a link to a thread with missing attachments. I believe all threads have attachments already (just not thumbnails yet).

Regards,
EM

Hi EM,
The Chat option on the Main menu is not working as at 12:15 Sat 14/09

E

With regards to attachments, can you give me a link to a thread with missing attachments. I believe all threads have attachments already (just not thumbnails yet).

Thank you, EM.

Yes, I can now see more threads under "Your Content". But I'm surprised to hear what you are saying about the attachments because almost all the threads I have looked into have non-working attachment links. Please take this thread or this one for one. I hope that you haven't tweaked the new attachment file size to some lower value because most of attachments from my threads are over 500 KB in size. Please help me with it. Thanks a lot.

Kind regards
PG

PG1995: It's all good. One of the things that had to be completed was running some regular expressions to replace the old link style to the new one and it looks like some of them failed. I'll tweak it and run them again.

Still working on the Broken chat link.

It's so good to hear this. Thanks. Take your time. I can wait.

Regards
PG

Thanks EM and team. Site is looking good and I am sure lot's of hard work has gone into this update/change.

Just doe's not have the look and feel like the old ETO though..

Regards
tvtech

Last edited:
Hi,

Wow, "Code" tag editor is all messed up. Wont let you delete characters and does not properly format constant character width fonts like Courier New. If you can get it typed into the box you might get it to work, but when you paste a section of code into the box it interprets spaces as non existent so it jams everything together. Turns into one big mess. Then when you go to edit it, it will not allow you to delete anything with the 'del' key or backspace with the backspace key. Really messed up.

I see now though that the editor itself wont allow deleting characters.

Here's a sample code for a small circuit:

Code:
CIRCUIT2:

v
      o----R1----+
                |
                E1
                |
  GND o----------+

Second try:
PHP:
CIRCUIT2:

v
      o----R1----+
                |
                E1
                |
  GND o----------+

Third try:
HTML:
CIRCUIT2:

v
      o----R1----+
                |
                E1
                |
  GND o----------+

From the above i see it is 'almost' working, but the lines with the spaces are not spaced properly and that was text copied and pasted from a perfectly formatted document which would work fine in the old forum software.
Maybe the drop down list on the code editor needs to have font selection too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back