Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8051 Serial UART Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi im using 89S52 UART With max232 , the transmitter to pc works fine to hyber terminal but the reciever doesnt work , and the code works fine on the keil UART simulator ! i dont know why the reciever doesnt work , is there a setup for hyber terminal to let the reciever work ?

thanks

Try setting handshaking to NONE in "hyber terminal" if you haven't already.

thanks for the reply
what's handshaking i didnt put it to NONE in hyperterminal ..
how to do it
so do u think the problem isnt in the hardware ?

It is one thing of many that could be wrong but the easiest to fix. :)
Look here:

Attachments

• HT.PNG
    HT.PNG
    68.3 KB · Views: 604
i set the handshaking to none and still the hyber doesnt send charachters :S and the micro doesnt recieve...
is there a test to make sure the circuits are working ?

You can check that the pins on the MAX232 have the following voltages:
Pin 16 = +5V
Pin 2 = +9V
Pin 6 = -9V
Pin 15 = 0V (ground reference for above measurements)

Without a diagram it is hard to tell which input on the MAX232 your are using, but when the PC sends data to the PIC you should get activity on either pins 8&9 or pins 12&13 of the MAX232.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back