1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

8051 programmer need help

Discussion in '8051/8951' started by jidan, Oct 26, 2013.

1. jidan

jidan Member

when we make project we need two software one for making code and other for burning code I want to make line follower robot I am using at89c51 micro controller I have c code keil software flash magic I want to ask question If i make hardware of programmer with the help of TTL ic ,RS232 connector and capacitors. do i need to use flash magic to burn the code ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. tunedwolf

tunedwolf Well-Known Member

You will need programming software no matter what. Whether that be Flash Magic, or some other software is a choice only you can make :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ian Rogers

Ian Rogers Super Moderator Most Helpful Member

Just check your chip selection is covered by the flashmagic tool... I seem to remember using flashmagic with the Phillips micro's.... I don't know if the Atmel is supported.

• Like Like x 1
  4. dave

Dave New Member

5. jidan

jidan Member

I have c code that I have made with help of keil software now I want to burn this code into mico controller I just want to know If I make programmer circuit myself (analog circuit) do I need to use burner software to burn code into micro controller or I can burn this code with usb cable

6. Ian Rogers

Ian Rogers Super Moderator Most Helpful Member

• Like Like x 1