Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8051 Moving message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dozie

Please can sombody help me to write assembly language of dot matrix display, to display ''YOU ARE WELCOME''

Please can sombody help me to write assembly language of dot matrix display, to display ''YOU ARE WELCOME''
Oh.. where should I begin..

Need a bit more info from you..... By dot matrix, do you mean 8x8 panels? If so you need around 13 of them to display that message.....

It's hard to do with one micro.... 13 8x8 led panels is 832 led's ... If you scan the led's one row at a time that will be 104 scan lines.... I did it on a pic running at 20Mhz!! But there was a definite flicker...

What chip were you going to use..

PS, I moving this to its own thread!!!

I am currently working on tutorials for this micro... I will try and incorporate a 8x8 LED feature...

What language do you intend to use.... Basic, C or ASM? Whoops... Scratch that you mentioned ASM in your first post...

Out of interest what chip are you using? some of them are pretty fast!

He's using an Intel 8051 (or a derivative thereof)...hence why he posted in the 8051 forum. ;)

I wondered which company! ai it had been Silicon labs I have some software here, but t uses there BSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back