Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8051 ISP Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

newby32

I have a board that has a MTV230M MCU based on the 8051 family. It is attached to a LCD driver MT1711. The firmware currently supports only 16:9 display, but the LCD Driver is capable of displaying 4:3 mode also. I have the bin files from LCD Driver manufacturer that contains the command to switch to 4:3 to 16:9 and vice-versa. I need help as to where to start the project and add the command into the 8051 MCU to be able to switch the modes. Any help would be greatly appreciated and a great oppurtunity to make a little extra cash to help me achieve my goal. I have all the pdf's available. Email me at edgar@microsystematics.com and i canreply with any info you need.

In a shorter rundown I have a chip MTV230M on a LCD mainboard. I need to program it to display 16:9 and 4:3, as now it only displays full mode (16:9). I got the command set from Maple Tech for the display drive - MT1711. As for the ISP on 8051, it says that one of the pins on the DDC/IIC bus is used for I/O (programming) and the other one for CLK. Does this make sense. Is it possible to program this chip with two wires? Please respond back as to where i should start, what I need to host between the uart or parallel port and the IIC bus itself. Any info is greatly appreciated.

I think it is programmable because they give the OSD tools openly to mess around with the osd through the isp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back