Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8051 Disassembler

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChemE

I have a hex file written for an 8051 and I would like to disassemble it so that I can play around with editing it. That does not sounds like a hard task... but it is.

So I have searched google like a man on a mission, a mission to find a disassembler. Well I found a lot of disassembler (mostly DOS and punch card based) but none of them worked for me.

I even tried a version of Keil uVision but it gave me some weird 'tool.ini - toolset missing' warning and I couldn't figure out or find a document that described how to disassemble a hex file.

I am really hoping that someone here knows of a program that will be able to disassemble this hex file. Please someone help me!

Oh yeah... are all 8051 hex files created equally or will I need a specialized disassembler depending on with 8051 this hex file was written for?

Thank you!

it is easy...

Hi,

it is very easy but may take some hours...

Download this instruction set...

now what the hex code you are having... break it into number of hexadecimal numbers of two digits like ... C7 , E5 etc...

Now corresponding to each hexadecimal number - find a corresponding instruction ...

See page number 7 of this pdf file. Also see the column on same pages naming 'number of bytes'.

PS: I hope there may be some softwares available online ...

But try above method...

Regards,

Simran..

Attachments

• 8051 instruction set.pdf
    174.1 KB · Views: 1,024
ChemE said:
Oh yeah... are all 8051 hex files created equally or will I need a specialized disassembler depending on with 8051 this hex file was written for?
Fear not -- they are all the same when it comes to the instruction set. The differences are in the packages and the peripherals they implement inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back