Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

+5v and -15v

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryten

Hi
Would it be possible to connect a +5V and +15V to make +5V and -15V

like this? Whit both regulators 78XX

Attachments

• spenning.GIF
    spenning.GIF
    1.6 KB · Views: 141
You cannot get minus voltage out of a regulator that has a positive voltage on the input.

Let us know what type of transformer you have and we can perform some tricks.

Apparently colin has never heard of switching regulators before =)
There are plenty of regulators that can provide a -15 volt supply from a positive input. Both regulators being 78XX though? No, you can't do that, they're linear regulators.

Of course I know about switching supplies. But he did not talk about this type of arrangement.

Last edited:
Hi
Would it be possible to connect a +5V and +15V to make +5V and -15V
like this? Whit both regulators 78XX

hi,
Are the +5V and +15V currently two separate power supplies.???

No its from the same PSU a 12V mouse kind. and im actually using LM317.

I guess i can use chargepump to make the -15V (ICL7662 is a nice one).

The ponit is that only have 12V to start with so after thinking i know that i cant use the two regs.

not without opening the unit and that is a lot of hassle at this time.

Other option is to use two of the powers to get +/-12V . would it then be possibel to get +5/-15V ?

Its to drive the EL on a GLCD ( I think it might be damaged anyways but i want to try it)

not without opening the unit and that is a lot of hassle at this time.

Other option is to use two of the powers to get +/-12V . would it then be possibel to get +5/-15V ?

Its to drive the EL on a GLCD ( I think it might be damaged anyways but i want to try it)

Do you have two power supplies on the bench.? if yes, what are their output voltages.??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back