Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 timer kit asking $8.00 USD and $2.00 shipping in USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

k7elp60

MANUAL PROGRAMMER.jpg CS555 &CS555C.jpg DIP TO SOIC.jpg COMPUTER PROGRAMER.jpg PAMPLET.jpg CS555 CD.jpg This is a kit that allows the programing of some custom made 555 timers. The kit includes a manual programmer (PN CS555-EZP) This programmer uses 2 AAA batteries for power and has a dip switch for programming. & A computer programmer (CS555C-DMK). This programmer uses a USB cable to the computer. The system also has an adapter to program 8 pin SOIC packages, a CD disk and 4 ea 8 pin DIP CS555 chips and 3ea 8 pin DIP CS555C(CMOS version) and some instruction pamplets.
Some of the features of this CS555 timer are:
Operating mode-Asable or Monostable
Power Setting-Micro-power or Low-Power
Trip Levels- Standard(1/3&2/3) or Low Voltage (10%&90%)
It also has a built in divider-1,10,100,1k,10k,100k or 1M
It is also possible to change built in capacitor value in small amounts.

Send me a personal message if your interested
Ned

Last edited:
Sounds very complicated to get a long delay timer. Long delay timers can be bought on eBay for 20 cents including express courier postage and just use resistors for programming.

Sounds very complicated to get a long delay timer. Long delay timers can be bought on eBay for 20 cents including express courier postage and just use resistors for programming.
Colin, you may be correct about the things on eBay. This product is pretty easy to program. It is just a matter of selecting what features you want and pressing a switch to program the IC. I think it is a good product and just a little out of date with all the new stuff on the market. I have been using 555 timers for over 45 years. With good quality capacitors the timing can be real accurate.

I have never heard of anyone wanting or getting an accurate time with a 555. Anything over 10 minutes is very imprecise. The chips I am mentioning use a very small capacitor and multiple stages of division to get up to 1,000 hours.
You have to start and throw out old technology, just like I have, and see what the Chinese have achieved.
20 for $2.20 posted. No programming needed. Just jumpers and 1 resistor. You cannot beat the Chinese.
You haven't mentioned if it is a micro or not and the output current capability and the voltage-range.

It looks like a PIC chip with a maximum of 25mA on "pin7" and only 10mA on "pin3" But the rail voltage is 6v so it is nothing like a CMOS 555. I saw this chip 5 years ago and thought "how unwanted." And now the Chinese have come along with a 20 cent equivalent that has the same low voltage and low current output but it needs no programming and can be altered "in circuit" to operate from 2 seconds to 1,000 hours.
Out of 22 million visitors to my site I am yet to get an inquiry for a long duration timer. But I have another 20 years left and I will eagerly wait for the request.

I have never heard of anyone wanting or getting an accurate time with a 555. Anything over 10 minutes is very imprecise. The chips I am mentioning use a very small capacitor and multiple stages of division to get up to 1,000 hours.
You have to start and throw out old technology, just like I have, and see what the Chinese have achieved.
20 for $2.20 posted. No programming needed. Just jumpers and 1 resistor. You cannot beat the Chinese.
You haven't mentioned if it is a micro or not and the output current capability and the voltage-range.
10 years or so ago I had a project that required 3 frequencies near 700 cps. I was able to get those frequencies and they were within +- 1HZ day in and day out for months.
True this CSS555 and CSS555C dont exactly match 555 applied voltage and output charastics, but they do match the other ones.
Well I am not in electronics to make money on new projects. I spent many years as a repair technician and the as a design engineer, so now when I build a project it lasts way beyond expectation. I am fully retired and still have fun creating electronic stuff. Sometimes I even use new things.

"10 years or so ago I had a project that required 3 frequencies near 700 cps."
You are completely missing the point.
I am not talking about an oscillator. This project is intended for long duration timing and you cannot get a 555 to go much beyond an hour or so. This project and the Chinese COB I am talking about uses a small capacitor and multiplies the time with "flip-flop" stages.
I clearly stated my point: I have never heard of anyone wanting or getting an accurate time with a 555. Anything over 10 minutes is very imprecise.
You would not use one of theses CS555C chips for 700Hz, in any case. You can buy a 555 for 4 cents.
If you are going to go to the expense of using a CS555C, you might as well go "the full hog" and use a PIC chip and get the output to turn on the kettle and ring the alarm and pour the hot water and beckon the robot to serve you in your rocking chair.

"10 years or so ago I had a project that required 3 frequencies near 700 cps."
You are completely missing the point.
I am not talking about an oscillator. This project is intended for long duration timing and you cannot get a 555 to go much beyond an hour or so. This project and the Chinese COB I am talking about uses a small capacitor and multiplies the time with "flip-flop" stages.
I clearly stated my point: I have never heard of anyone wanting or getting an accurate time with a 555. Anything over 10 minutes is very imprecise.
You would not use one of theses CS555C chips for 700Hz, in any case. You can buy a 555 for 4 cents.
If you are going to go to the expense of using a CS555C, you might as well go "the full hog" and use a PIC chip and get the output to turn on the kettle and ring the alarm and pour the hot water and beckon the robot to serve you in your rocking chair.
Opinions vary and everyone may not agree with you, the may agree with me. I have even used the 555 upper and lower comparators to control the charge of lead acid batteries.

You have totally missed the point.
I have 150 555 circuits on my website to show the versatility of the device.
Although I have never used a 555 in a design, there are lots of beginners who can use the 10 cent chip to get an effective result.
The thing you are trying to "sell" is a long duration timer and what I am saying is the product has had its day.
It was never successful then, and is not successful now.
It "falls between two stools."
You can get a 10cent version and it is 10cents because even the Chinese could not find a use for the chip.
You are "flogging a dead horse."
I am only responding to you as I write up all these DISASTERS on my website to warn others of the pitfalls of succumbing to things on the web. And I get 10,500 visitors a day so I must be saying something right.
You are simply buying "A pig in a poke."
You did not respond to my two important requirements and this shows you have no technical ability.
Even the .pdf is very vague and elusive with the output current capability.

Colin,

Give it a rest.
Why do you persist in rubbishing other peoples ideas and efforts?
Just because you cannot see merit in someone else's ideas, does not give you carte blanche to rant against it here.

Take your own advice and stop "flogging a dead horse".

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back