Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

-40C 12v Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noggin

Does anyone have any leads on a 12v, 20 Watt, power supply that has a specified operating temperature from -40C to 70c? It can derate as low as 5w at 70C and needs to be universal input, 2"x4"x1" chassis mount. I'm flexible slightly on the size of the device and I'd also be willing to allow the temperature range to slip to -30C to 70C.

The only one I've found that meets the specs is Recom RAC20-12SB-ST. The problem with this one is that no distributor has stock. I need 6 supplies within 2 weeks for lab testing and 25 supplies in about 2 months for prototypes.

My first impression of -40C was that it was a ridiculous temperature spec. I can't be the first person looking for a power supply that works in this temperature range, I'm certain that Russia, Canada, and other cold countries have outdoor equipment. I am hoping that someone in a colder climate than Texas has some information or experience with this issue.

Last edited:
Have you tried Googling "rugged power supply"? That gave a number of hits and might help you narrow down the selection.

I didn't try "rugged" but I did try industrial, extended temperature, automotive, and a few other terms. I've also sent emails out to reps and some manufacturers. I've found several that operate at -25C, and we're now willing to let the temperature rating slide to -30C, so I'm hoping some of the mfr's will approve operation at that lower temperature.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back