Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3x3x3 LED Cube - can i use16f628 instead 16f690

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you use the code posted on post 294
IT hooks up on PORTA.2 turns on layer1
PORTA.6 turns on layer2
PORTA.7 turns on layer3
PORTB 0 to 7 are led's 1 to 8 and PORTA.3 is led 9

MCLR is input only and portA4 can only sink power and all the posted stuff would of been better if some dummy being me would of used better names for my sch and looked to see if the right one got posted.

When I did the change from the 16f690 I did this for a bunch of chips and some of them could RA5 I had a bunch of kids making these. Ran out of 16f628a fast and 16f690

Need Help
I made the LED cube given in this site and with 16f84a it worked fine. Then I tried to modify the assembly code to use 16f628a. With the new code cube works for nearly one minute and then it stops at one random LED pattern. Can anybody guess what would be the problem? I used RB0-RB7 & RA0 for LEDs and RA1-RA3 for layers.

Hello be80be,

thank you for quick response. Here I have attached both the original code for 16f84a and the modified code for 16f228a.

Attachments

• 16f84a(original).asm
    21.8 KB · Views: 287
  • 16f628a(modified).asm
    22.3 KB · Views: 283
I was working on that cube (controlled by audio). I share my work with you. Feel free to try it:

Attachments

• acube.rar
    90 KB · Views: 253
The problem here is I posted like four sch four this each with the same name and some how people get the wrong one and end up putting a roll on the wrong pin.

be80be That's what I'm using:

Attachments

• Schematic with LED wiring guide.PNG
    Schematic with LED wiring guide.PNG
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,361
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back