Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3x3x3 LED Cube - can i use16f628 instead 16f690

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanx, but still not working after checking every connection and LEDs, i have no led backwards. I've made the exact circuit described right before my previous post, and it looks different from yours... Have anyone tried this one ? :

schematic-with-led-wiring-guide-png.44593

This seems to be an interesting exercise. I did a project that required 20 LEDs operated like an analog sweep gauge. That used 4 banks of 5 LEDS on a 'port' of 5 pins with 4 more pins sinking each of the 4 banks. Becuz 9 pins were involved it meant a regular PORT was short an output. I used a GPR to create a virtual PORT for the 4 sinking pins to make the logic simpler to code. I did a little opening ceremony for the gauge, and because of the banks it was easy to do a single pattern sweep and make a pinwheel effect. Plus i have a 'dimmer' based on PWM.

I think I'll give this a build for fun.

Hi.I have some questions about this cube diagram.this use 3 common anodes and 9 common cathodes or reversed?

I read icsp is to programm the pic on the board,I can use that pcb layout without that icsp?

Hi.I have some questions about this cube diagram.this use 3 common anodes and 9 common cathodes or reversed?

I read icsp is to programm the pic on the board,I can use that pcb layout without that icsp?

It might be wise to just omit the icsp connector since i designed it based on my own programmer. The 3 row's are common cathodes and the 9 column's are common anodes, these where based on be80be's design

Last edited:
4X4X4 cube...

I already tried building this 4x4x4 led cube and yes it's also working but i did not use the c.txt file turker provided instead i downloaded it somewhere on a website and it's already a hex file ready to be programmed on the chip. I'll post all my projects on youtube once i get my hd handycam ready :)

There are over 1,000 locations for your code and tables in a PIC16F84A.

The code will occupy less than 300 lines.
You have over 700 lines for tables for different effects.
How many dozens of effects do you want?

There 2250 line of code it that file I know. It used almost all of the Memory of the 16f628a

Attachments

• don't see this fiting.PNG
    don't see this fiting.PNG
    64.5 KB · Views: 502
Last edited:
not work

i made this cube and the bottom roll it's not working corect, the brightness is low
sorry for my english
Please help me
Thanks

Attachments

• 16f628led cube.PNG
    16f628led cube.PNG
    11.1 KB · Views: 1,924
  • 3x3x316f628a.HEX
    10.9 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:
What about a PIC16F872

Would it work with a PIC16F872 ? And what are the good things to change in the code ?

Thanks !

I heard that it was easier to modify a .c code than .asm and .hex . Any1 would have the code ( .c file) for the LED cube for any PIC. I would manage to modify it ... I think :)

Thanks for your help

It wouldn't take 10 minutes to change all you have to do is change chip id, and some configure settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back