Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3V to 9V converter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a model of the antique obsolete Oriental S8050 transistor for my simulation program.
Modern transistors with simulation models are not available in his ...-world country.

obsolete? S8050 is still producing in china and most of those chinese analog devices still use this transistor, s8050 can handle 1.5A current,100mhz and has 1W power, unlike those 200ma junk 2n3904 and bc547etc.

My circuits work on 7mA to about 25mA. High currents produce harmonics that splatter all over the band.

Like always Audioguru is a smartass, he never seen a s8050 in his great CANADA!!
I have NEVER bought a cheap Chinese transistor. The datasheets for the S8050 say it is NPN or PNP (they don't know what it is). I think Wing-Shing has it wrong.
A 2N4401 has the same or better spec's and is made by many American semiconductor manufacturers so I use them instead.

here is ziddik's circuit and he has already mentioned that he wants a boost conv. For this
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
ppl,
i need a 3V to 9v converter circuit for my new project, so i want know and learn about them, can anyone post a schematic that is easy to build? I got a 3.7V battery with 750mA current and want 9v or 12V out of it

Why not use a 9V battery? When you can get them easily?

here is ziddik's circuit
No it is not. That circuit does not work. Z!dd!k said he modified it: "i changed the 2nd transistor with s8050 and removed the final amp transistor, and replaced the v.cap with a fixed "15pf" cap, finally the emitter resistor of 2nd transistor replaced with 100ohm, that is all i modified".

I posted a simulation that might be his modified circuit except I used an American transistor instead of a cheap Chinese one and I added 5pf of stray capacitance to the 15pF fixed capacitor.
The oscillator does not oscillate when a 75 ohm 1/4 wave whip antenna is connected to the collector of the oscillator. Maybe he connected the antenna to the emitter.
Here is what I think is the circuuit Z!dd!k used:

Attachments

• Z!dd!k's transmitter that does not work.PNG
    Z!dd!k's transmitter that does not work.PNG
    12 KB · Views: 196
ok, as the arrogant audioguru posted a schematic, i assume that this is ziddik's circuit collin, now please post a boost conv for this

**broken link removed**

Boost

Here is a circuit for a 100 ma discrete boost converter. It's not the best, and I have not built it but it looks okay. There are lots of single chip solutions out there but if you can't get them maybe this will work.

Attachments

• boost100.PNG
    boost100.PNG
    75.8 KB · Views: 170
Here is a circuit for a 100 ma discrete boost converter.
But the minimum supply for an ordinarey 555 is 4.5V. His 3.7V Lithium battery cell drops to 3.0V during is discharge.

Last edited:
post an easy circuit to convert 3V to 9V i also need a circuit like that
You know, when I wrote the data sheet for the LM2731 (and built up all the circuits) I was hoping people would actually read it..... I posted the link to it in the second post in this whole thread. It's the best part for this type of app.

BTW: it has guaranteed performance specs with VIN as low as 2.7V.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2011/12/lm2731-1.pdf

Here is a 3 - 9V app circuit from the data sheet.

Attachments

• 9V OUT.jpg
    9V OUT.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Yep, Might need to use LMC555. Make sure the FET has low gate charge.

BH, I don't think he can get the commercial chips. If he can that is for sure the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back