Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

$3 Solderless bread boards at MPJA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Works for me. Those solid state relays are very low priced as well as many other things. Good catch 3v0!

MPJA is one of my favorite distributors. They may have a small selection, but what they do have it DIRT cheap.

Thanks for the heads up on the solderless breadboards! i'm going to order a few tomorrow (like... idk... 10 of them... :D)

I just received them today. I got 5. Also got 25 of the 95 cent protoboards (nice). I like them because they are Florida based, only takes a couple of days to get my orders. Definitely worth getting on their Email list, occasionally they have some really decent monthly specials that go quickly.

You get what you pay for. I find those imported Chinese solderless breadboards to be so intermittent that I always spend the bulk of my time troubleshooting a circuit whose problem is the interconnects and not the circuit or components. If you buy those things, don't use anything smaller than #22 wire and be sure that it's tinned wire and not bare copper. And then hope and pray.

Dean

Will using Staple pins for making connections such as Vcc and Gnd lines for ICs etc damage the Breadboard?

Never thought of that. :eek:

Wonder if they're coated...you know, the glue that holds them in strips.

Ok, just tried one and it seems to work. Since the wire is about the diameter of a signal diode lead, I don't see how it could hurt the breadboard.

Ken

What's the part number Harvey???

12348 PB IC PROTO BOARD S/S from my invoice. Don't remember the single unit price off hand. I get the link.
MPJA, Inc.

Not sure if that will go direct to the part, or if you need to scroll through the EMail specials to find it.

**broken link removed**

Hope they don't mind the image piracy, but hey if it generates sales...

1 @ $1.50 , 10 @ $1.19, and 25 @ $0.95 (each).

Never thought of that. :eek:

Wonder if they're coated...you know, the glue that holds them in strips.

Ok, just tried one and it seems to work. Since the wire is about the diameter of a signal diode lead, I don't see how it could hurt the breadboard.

Ken

I just ordered about 4 of those Solderless Breadboards!Thats what i was thinking but wanted to get some other views.

I just received them today. I got 5. Also got 25 of the 95 cent protoboards (nice). I like them because they are Florida based, only takes a couple of days to get my orders. Definitely worth getting on their Email list, occasionally they have some really decent monthly specials that go quickly.

They are 3 miles from my office and you can walk in. But you can not see anything. All in the warehouse. Need to get a friend in that place so I can go in the back. It would make them a lot more money off me. :D

Thanks for the link, will make my list later today.

There was a skycraft of something like that in the Orlando area, but I have never made it there. Harvey, you might want to check them out if still in biz and you have not yet.

They are 3 miles from my office and you can walk in. But you can not see anything. All in the warehouse. Need to get a friend in that place so I can go in the back. It would make them a lot more money off me. :D

Thanks for the link, will make my list later today.

There was a skycraft of something like that in the Orlando area, but I have never made it there. Harvey, you might want to check them out if still in biz and you have not yet.

I've never been there either, one of those someday places... Really hate driving in Orlando.

**broken link removed**

I've been told the place is awesome, you could spend hours looking at stuff there. The website doesn't really do the store justice from what friends tell me.

I've never been there either, one of those someday places... Really hate driving in Orlando.

**broken link removed**

I've been told the place is awesome, you could spend hours looking at stuff there. The website doesn't really do the store justice from what friends tell me.

Heard the same from people that have been there. Told bring cash and plan on spending a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back