Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2n3565

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you making the Simple Lie Detector project? It works with any little NPN transistor: 2N2222, 2N3904 or BC547 pops into my mind.

Make it with a 9V battery:

Attachments

• lie_mod_208.png
    lie_mod_208.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 1,079
3k is a standard 5% resistor value. Two 1.5k resistors in series makes 3k. A 1.2k and a 1.8k in series makes 3k, and many other series and parallel combinations.
But that simple circuit will also work with 3.3k resistors.

I haven't used resistors with a silver tolerance band since "carbon composition" days. Everywhere I shop for 5% resistors has the entire E24 values.

Most hobyists don't bother to stock the entire E24 series. E12 values are so much more common and you can buy 1% tolletence resistors in kits containing E12 values.

I have an E12 series set of 1% tollerence metal film resistors from 10:eek:hm: to 1M:eek:hm:, plus many more of the E6 values from 1:eek:hm: to 10M:eek:hm: and even more of the E3 series; all are 1% tollerence metal film.

I know this is the wrong place to post but I have built the lie detector circut and the needle on the meter goes the wrong way( past zero). Do I have somthing backwards?

I think it is normal for that stupid simple circuit to show the meter needle pointing backwards when the probes aren't connected to anything so the transistor is turned off. With skin between the probes the meter should show near zero and you can adjust the pot for zero. Short the probes or have sweating skin and the needle will move forward.

I hear an echo. Are you Robdude on Aaron's forum?
You fried your transistor by using it to short your batteries before.

During your reply here, click on Manage Attachments. Then click on Browse and double click on your pic or schematic. Then click on Upload. Then Submit Reply.

I can't see where the battery wires are connected and can't see which connects to what.
Look at the datasheet for the 2N3904 to see its pins.

Attachments

• 2N3904.PNG
    2N3904.PNG
    26.3 KB · Views: 647
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back