Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee KV, that marshal has more knobs on it than internal components! Is there any time left to strum strings?

Speaking of Strats, I have mentioned it in this forum in the past that I own a 1963 Strat original cond. The original carrying case is battered so that sits in a closet. The ax is in a molded hardshell Fender case. The guitar is worth tons of $$$$.

Look at the prices they are trying to fetch for this vintage stuff and my Strat is in better shape than the one on eBay!!

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed** a "buy it now" price of $1850.00 ???? that's nuts!

**broken link removed** this ones a "cheapie", listing at just under $20k

**broken link removed**

1963 strat........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Cow

Gee KV, that marshal has more knobs on it than internal components! Is there any time left to strum strings?

Speaking of Strats, I have mentioned it in this forum in the past that I own a 1963 Strat original cond. The original carrying case is battered so that sits in a closet. The ax is in a molded hardshell Fender case. The guitar is worth tons of $$$$.

Look at the prices they are trying to fetch for this vintage stuff and my Strat is in better shape than the one on eBay!!

Nice, I'm jealous :D ................ and always on the prowl to get a deal and now I'm going after a Gibson I've only seen it once. But, when I did I couldn't believe the guy said he wanted to sell it. Originally that Guitar was my wife's plan but he wasn't ready to part with it. That one will cost me more than I can afford right now.

That first fender in that llst is torn up. I hope the guy that played it wore it out using it not abusing it.:)

Glad see it. Beats the pants off my cheap knock off Tiesco. Although I'm told Tiesco's have a website dedicated to collectors of these guitars. I was surprised about that I just like Vintage stuff Radio's, Books, Etc.

Even my house 1950's all the way through. Restored the Tub and faucet's on the Sink in the Bath. The kitchen was previously gutted so I couldn't salvage anything. I spent 3 month's personally doing the work before we moved in.

I'm going to put some work into this Old Timer. Just it to see how much I can gain out of it.

Hopefully HiTech.......... HiGain :p

kv:D

Last edited:
20k you kidding me ? Yours probably 24k or 25k maybe ?

Speaking of Strats, I have mentioned it in this forum in the past that I own a 1963 Strat original cond.

Oh, I wanted to say that thing needs a safe ;)

Plus, I would be so freaked out if I owned it. I would put in it in the wall a Concrete steel reinforcement too !

Droooooool.

Hot Rod DeVille?? A nice amp but far from the Twin Reverb and the Ampeg equivalents! The DeVille uses a PCB input board. It's not point-to-point wiring like the good Fender amps. I had a pre-CBS Bandmaster piggy-back set up. Presently I have an old Ampeg with an aux cabinet housing a single 18" woofer and 3 horns. What gets me is the HiWatt, Marshall, Crate, Epiphone tube heads are practically the same schematic design with small differences... just enough to avoid copyright infringement.

Could be. Dude, I'm a drummer. :eek:

If the PCB front end is that much of a drawback then I guess my buddy is just good enough for that not to matter. ;)

Seriously though, that thing does sound good, but I'm not claiming that others don't sound better. er. . .depending on what you want them to sound like.

Torben

KV

you have to realize that the seller can ask $50k yet that doesn't mean he's going to get that. I once visited a music store in LaPorte, Indiana that was an authorized Fender vintage re-issue parts supplier. The cost of even those parts was amazingly high. But to try and get $2500 for a pick guard, or $1800 for a set of potentiometers is ludicrous! And my '63 Strat is definitely in better shape than those I listed from eBay. I figured a real world selling price for it would be more like several thousand to maybe $10k. Maybe I'm underestimating myself? I do know that a few local music shops offered me insulting offers, like $300, $700, etc., probably hoping I was ignorant of its real value. I told them they can look at it for $300 and to touch it would cost $700!!!:p
BTW, I bought it back in the mid 70's for a mere $125.00 used from some goober that was hell bent on getting a Gibson L6S.

I think your under estimating.

KV

I bought it back in the mid 70's for a mere $125.00 used from some goober that was hell bent on getting a Gibson L6S.

By today's standard that would have been considered stealing hahaha.:eek:

I love it when my wife watches those roadshow antique dealer value shows.

Basically they tell you what something is worth ? Possible going price ? Of course it's really what your willing to part with and the buyers willing to pay.

Quality and Quantity will have a big impact and from the sounds of it and what I seen of those horrible looking guitars, yours would be in mint condition.:)

Remember this : ( related to comment recession, depression below ) I think the current market would reflect a lower price but to the right buyer which I believe if he knew your not needing to sell it and he couldn't put pressure on the sale price in the end. It would fetch much better price if the seller is willing to wait.

Just like insurance settlements holding out may give you all the money and healthcare that you might not think of about until later in life when the condition of your health begins to deteriorate because of an accident.

This could be no different in some way's ? because what your possessing to me is art,poetry,history all in one. If you leave it open for a collector who buy's only the high end stuff your guaranteed (I believe ) a good market price well above 20k

This is do to the fact that ( recession or depression ) the middle class is etched out and you only have rich and poor and then there will be fewer in-between people.

I think your sitting pretty. I wouldn't take a low offer go for the gusto and come down from there.:D

kv;)

It's not for sale anyway! It's acquired sentimental value over the years and there's a difference between me stating that I own a 1963 Strat versus I used to own a 1963 Strat. However if some fine individual should approach me and want to trade a Ferrari Enzo for my Strat, I'll gladly part with it. :rolleyes:

Guns,Cars,Guitars.

It's not for sale anyway! It's acquired sentimental value over the years and there's a difference between me stating that I own a 1963 Strat versus I used to own a 1963 Strat. However if some fine individual should approach me and want to trade a Ferrari Enzo for my Strat, I'll gladly part with it. :rolleyes:

Ferrari Enzo hmmn............. ;)

I got to looking up those Teisco amps and just remembered that I had a Checkmate electric guitar in my late teens. I didn't know (or I forgot) that Checkmate was by Teisco. The guitar was like the one shown below. It was built kind of cheesy compared to the Fender/Gibsons/Ibanez stuff. But I didn't know what the heck I was doing back then anyway... it was more of a noise maker!

BTW, have you ever visited Hot Guitarist Girls ?? OMG, to hell with the guitars!;) Here's a thumbnail of what my guitar looks like. Note the quality lines of the headstock and the staggered pole pieces on the pickups. Are you paying attention?
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

I forgot about girls ? I'm gettin old.

I got to looking up those Teisco amps and just remembered that I had a Checkmate electric guitar in my late teens. I didn't know (or I forgot) that Checkmate was by Teisco. The guitar was like the one shown below. It was built kind of cheesy compared to the Fender/Gibsons/Ibanez stuff. But I didn't know what the heck I was doing back then anyway... it was more of a noise maker!

BTW, have you ever visited Hot Guitarist Girls ?? OMG, to hell with the guitars!;) Here's a thumbnail of what my guitar looks like. Note the quality lines of the headstock and the staggered pole pieces on the pickups. Are you paying attention?
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Uh.... wha........Guitar ?:)

kv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back