Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

200 MHz Triangular Wave

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a mistake yesterday with my level shifter.
The inputs must be swapped so that the reference voltage must be +3.75V on the (+) input of the opamp.
For the output to swing as high as +15V then the positive supply must be at least +17V so use +18V.
For the output to swing down to 0V then the negative supply must be -2V or more negative so use the existing -12V.
The output will be a level shifted input but it will be inverted.

The TL072 and almost every other opamp has difficulty driving a negative feedback resistor value as low as 1k so I used 10k.

Attachments

• corrected level shifter.png
    corrected level shifter.png
    60.8 KB · Views: 335
Hi,

You would probably be better off applying the signal to the inverting input resistor and applying half the required offset to the non inverting terminal. If you apply the signal to the non inverting terminal you get a gain of 2 which you probably dont want.

Keep in mind that the offset plus the peak can not go over the max output that you can get from the op amp you are using and it's power supply level. So if you have a plus and minus 5v input for example with a 1v offset voltage applied to the non inverting terminal, you'll get a triangle that goes from -3v to +7v. If you apply only a 0.5v offset then you'll see it go from -4 to +6v at the output.

If you really need to apply a voltage that must be equal to the actual offset, then use a differential amplifier connection. That way when you apply 1v you'll actually get a true 1v offset not a 2v offset.

In my last post my corrected circuit is similar to the one described by MrAl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back