Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

20 Watt Power Amplifier [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroMaster

Administrator
ElectroMaster submitted a new article:

20 Watt Power Amplifier - This IC chip was designed specifically for use in power boosting applications in automobiles. It is

This IC chip was designed specifically for use in power boosting applications in automobiles. It is self protecting against short circuits and thermal problems. In the bridge configuration shown it will deliver 20 watts of power into a 2 ohm speaker operating at 14.4 volts.

View attachment 44276

Read more about this article...

I've used TDA2005 before, it is such a great chip! On 12 volts, it can easily put out clear room filling sound!:)

Ext Speaker feedback

Greetings: Q? I would like to incorporate RF filtering on both ends of this to use in communications. I have an amplified speaker now that feeds back something serious with any transmitter within 6ft. Such a bummer with all the radios in the truck going down the road. Funny thing is... I started using it on an HT (ext antennae) then tried it on a scanner w/ my HT in the truck (ext antennae)..I figured I would add that for those who think my feedback was from the 'dummy-load' antennae. HaHaHa. I was thinking of low pass filters on both ends however I am worried about the input/output impedance. Thoughts? Thx.

PS: This speaker has many miles/years (about a million or 2/15+yrs) on it. It has been thru hell and back. I even got so mad at it I hit it w/ something...it still sounds great...until I transmit and then it shrills. FYI: I had a RS Amplified Speaker that even had a light on it that lit when audio was present (not a modulated...on w/ audio then faded off), that worked really well...back when they actually made OK stuff. I would love 2 find another or the circuit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back