Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 minutes count up counter

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi besoy,
Look at the 120 second circuit I have just added to my Forum Blog. [right hand image]

You will require a 74LS08 and a 74LS04 ic.

This should meet the project requirement.

Let me know how you get on.:)

sir gibs did you try this connection? this diagram can make now 2minutes count up counter and buzz after 2 minutes for 5 sec.?

because so far i didnt try this connection, i dont know what is the output of this..

thanks a lot sir gibs.. Gob bless!

sir gibs did you try this connection? this diagram can make now 2minutes count up counter and buzz after 2 minutes for 5 sec.?

because so far i didnt try this connection, i dont know what is the output of this..

thanks a lot sir gibs.. Gob bless!

hi,
If you build the circuit it will work as you require.

I have now simulated the circuit in LTspice using a 74HCT390 decade up counter as I dont have a 'model' for the 74LS192. [this will be ok].:)

NOTE: to speed up the simulation my times are in millisecs , the design posted will give seconds.

AAesp01..gifAAesp02..gif

Last edited:
sir gibs can you me give the list of those other materials you added like resistors, diode....etc..

and how much is the wattage of those materials.. can you give the specific specification of those items you add..

because i buy last day they ask me me on how much the wattage of you items.. :)

and what is the 4k7, 10n, 1u? what is that...?

i wait for your reply..

Last edited:
sir gibs can you me give the list of those other materials you added like resistors, diode....etc..

and how much is the wattage of those materials.. can you give the specific specification of those items you add..

because i buy last day they ask me me on how much the wattage of you items.. :)

and what is the 4k7, 10n, 1u? what is that...?

i wait for your reply..

hi,
You can use 0.125Watt for all the resistors. [ or higher wattage if you have them on the bench]
Its becoming common to replace the 'decimal point' in the value with 'k'.
So 4k7 = 4.7k

A 10nF capacitor, is a 10 nanoFarad or 0.01microFarad
A 100nF capacitor, is a 100 nanoFarad or 0.1microFarad
A 1uF capacitor is a 1microFarad capacitor

NOTE for reference, capacitors:
1pF = 1 picoFarad = 10^-12 Farad
1nF = 1 nanoFarad = 10^9 Farad or sometimes written as 1000pF
1uF = 1 microFarad = 10^-6 Farad

For your circuit the maximum working voltage of the capacitors has to be higher than 6Vdc.

OK.?

Be sure to build the,circuit shown in my Blog, not the simulation version.:)

Last edited:
hi,
You can use 0.125Watt for all the resistors. [ or higher wattage if you have them on the bench]
So 4k7 = 4.7k

For your circuit the maximum working voltage of the capacitors has to be higher than 6Vdc.

OK.?

thank you sir.. what is the meaning of arrow down in the circuit diagram? its a grnd?

and where is the connection of the 1st IC at the right 74LS247 pin 3,4.5? and in the 74LS192 pin 11,12,13,14?

thank you sir.. what is the meaning of arrow down in the circuit diagram? its a grnd?

and where is the connection of the 1st IC at the right 74LS247 pin 3,4.5? and in the 74LS192 pin 11,12,13,14?

hi,
The down arrow like a small triangle is 0V, the neg end of your battery.
1st 74LS247 IC on the right pins 3,4 & 5 are connected to +V of the supply

the 1st IC 74LS192 on the LEFT, pins 12 and 13 are not connected, the other two pins 11 and 14 are connected as shown to the next IC.

May I ask what year of electronics study your are doing.?:)

[correction sir its left :)]

and where is the connection of the 1st IC at the LEFT 74LS247 pin 3,4.5? and in the 74LS192 pin 11,12,13,14?

Last edited:
[correction sir its left :)]

and where is the connection of the 1st IC at the LEFT 74LS247 pin 3,4.5? and in the 74LS192 pin 11,12,13,14?

hi,
OK,
If you examine the circuit you will see that pins 3 are linked thru together as are pins 4 and 5.
So the left links on pins 3 ,4 & 5 are not used.

Look at this image I have deleted the unused wires to make it easier for you to follow.

I have already said what the 'arrow' means its 0Volts or Ground and is the negative end of your battery.

May I ask what year of electronics study your are doing.?

AAesp02..gif

hi,
So 4k7 = 4.7k

OK.?

sir what is the alternative of 10nf or 0.01microFarad, coz i cant find that value... thank you..

sir what is the alternative of 10nf or 0.01microFarad, coz i cant find that value... thank you..

hi,
Which values can you get close to the 10nF [same as 0.01uF]..???

hi,
So 4k7 = 4.7k

OK.?

Sir what is the other alternatives capacitor of 0.01uF?

Sir what is the other alternatives capacitor of 0.01uF?

hi,
Which capacitor values do you have or can get.?
There is no point in me suggesting capacitor values which you cannot buy.

Reminding you that 10nF = 0.01uF :)

hi,
Which capacitor values do you have or can get.?
There is no point in me suggesting capacitor values which you cannot buy.

Reminding you that 10nF = 0.01uF :)

i cant find in electronics store 10nanofarad or 0.01uF. but 100nf or 0.1uF i already bought it.

so now what is the other alternative to replaced the 0.01 uF?

can i also used 0.1uF to the 0.01? :)

i cant find in electronics store 10nanofarad or 0.01uF. but 100nf or 0.1uF i already bought it.

so now what is the other alternative to replaced the 0.01 uF?

can i also used 0.1uF to the 0.01? :)

hi besoy,
Use the 0.1uF in place of the 0.01uF capacitor.

Which batteries are you going to use for the battery supply to the counter.?

why not a pic chip. 7 pins for the segements and 3 pins for the digits goin though a grounding resistor which would be multiplexed. mabey you could use a pic16f627a

why not a pic chip. 7 pins for the segements and 3 pins for the digits goin though a grounding resistor which would be multiplexed. mabey you could use a pic16f627a

I believe based on the initial and a few subsequent post that this is a school project with defined parts:

Pls help me for my project in advance logic circuit for 2 minutes count up counter using LM555 74LS192 74LS247 and (3) 7 segment display.

That or a test of Eric's patience and thus far I see him inline for canonization. :)

Ron

hi besoy,
Use the 0.1uF in place of the 0.01uF capacitor.

Which batteries are you going to use for the battery supply to the counter.?

my supply is 6V sir, what do you mean for the supply of my counter? its ok to replace 0.01uF to 0.1uF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back